Cornell Waitlist Class of 2023

Waitlisted to CAS…after being deferred ED. Let the (hopefully) final wait begin

waitlisted
Didn’t expect it because my stats are better than the median at Cornell, I got into Duke though (which is more selective)

waitlisted to college of human ecology.

waitlisted to CALS!!! honestly super happy with it because i was expecting rejection. now, we wait!!!

Also on the waiting list! A little disappointing, but it’s not a rejection (yet) lol. I was waitlisted from AAP, does anybody know how many kids, if any, make it off the waiting list and into their program?

HumEc waitlist

WL for CAS. Cornell has waitlisted about 5000 for 2023 as known from various news articles and forums.

Does anyone know where we can email LOCI for CALS at some point? It might be kind of early for it, but I want to be prepared lol

waitlisted for cas information science :frowning:
when do we find out about if we make it?

@hhap1234 I don’t think until after May 1st. I was looking at last year’s waitlist forum and they seemed to hear back starting on May 3rdish through the next couple weeks. It’s going to be a long six weeks ?

@lilalzi what school

@WhatAreCollege Which department of AAP did you apply for? Architecture?

Hey guys,
Wanted to open up this discussion for all people who were waitlisted from Cornell! If you were, comment down below and say what school at Cornell waitlisted you.

I applied for the B.S in Urban and Regional Studies

getting waitlisted CALS is not a big deal really… just means you were underqualified but they’d consider you in case a qualified student rejects their spot. WAITLISTED CALS

If you want to pursue the WL, I would contact the adcom around mid April with an essay to show continued interest, 1 or 2 recommendation letters (maybe one from your GC), any additional info like awards, latest transcript. If you are able, let them know you would accept an offer off the WL. Give them a call few days after May 1 to see if they would go to the WL.
WL process is very fast - a phone call to your GC or you to see if you would be interested, often you would only get 1-2 days to make a decision. They would usually go down the list until they fill the class.

If you are WL it doesn’t mean you are not qualified because adcom tries to create a community with different students. My kid was WL at Cornell and was offered a spot in May. She had a very successful experience at Cornell, which included high GPA and a dream job.

We were very proactive about getting her off the WL and she was lucky that Cornell took over 100 students off the WL that year.

Waitlisted ILR. Was expecting my 8th rejection haha but now I feel I’m so close it’ll be hard to hear a no

Thank you @oldfort for the advice and information! It gives us here some hope ?

Waitlisted for COE (engineering)
Any1 else for engineering?

@oldfort thank you for this response, definitely some helpful information! may i ask like what context u come from and are getting this info from? are u familiar/involved with cornell? they said in their info to not rlly submit new letters of rec, should this be disregarded?