Deferred.... x4! ;(

<p>So I got a jump on college apps early. I applied to several schools EA and to Rice ED...</p>

<p>I ended up getting deferred EVERYWHERE.</p>

<p>Rice- deferred
Chicago- deferred
Notre Dame - deferred
Tulane- deferred</p>

<p>Should I feel like complete crap, or is it a good sign that I at least got deferred?</p>

<p>Better deferred than rejected.
And I think the admittance percentage for deferred students is somewhere around 30 percent. So statistically you'll get into at least one</p>

<p>It means you still have a shot at RD. I'd say don't worry. No reason to cry or get upset - in fact it's an accomplishment. You didn't get flat out rejected so you still have a chance!</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1260515-chance-senior-georgetown.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1260515-chance-senior-georgetown.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>
[quote]
And I think the admittance percentage for deferred students is somewhere around 30 percent. So statistically you'll get into at least one

[/quote]
</p>

<p>That is so not how it works...</p>

<p>Rebeccar is correct. It's statistically unlikely the OP will get into one of these.</p>

<p>As long as you have a safety you'd be happy at, you have no worries. If you don't, you have a few days to rethink your list.</p>

<p>^ Best advice on this thread.</p>

<p>What schools are your safeties? Schools that you know you'll get accepted to and know you can afford.</p>

<p>You listed Santa Clara, USC, and Boston College as safeties in another thread. Those aren't safeties.</p>

<p>I know some schools allow you to call and ask why you were deferred. You might want to find out if this is true for those four schools so you can improve your application and try for the best in the RD round.</p>

<p>Also, I agree with mom2collegekids that you need safeties that are affordable. They aren't truly safeties if you might not be able to attend due to finances.</p>