Double major in film and biochemistry

<p>Is this completely out of the world? And is it possible? If yes, would anyone of you think of it as a good idea? Obviously for someone who is interested in both the fields.</p>

<p>I understand that could vary from college to college.</p>

<p>film making or film study?</p>

<p>It really depends. Film studies is probably doable, but if you want to get into production I doubt you'll have time to do another major.</p>

<p>film making, actually</p>

<p>Is it a better idea to do minors in the science subject instead? Or does that sound un-doable, as well?</p>

<p>I don't know about film major but I know that a major like biochemistry is going to require you to take at least classes in biology and chemistry. Since those classes require you take labs every week and they can be really time consuming, sometime as much a normal class. I don't know about film majors but I guess that they do require quite a lot of work.
Then, I guess it would really depend on the major of the school you want to attend to see if it doable. Also note that if the school has core requirement, it might simply be undoable in four year.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>What is the purpose of the second major or minor in biochemistry?</p>

<p>If it is for pre-med purposes, that is not necessary. You do generally have to take biology, chemistry, physics, math, and English for pre-med, but that is fewer courses than needed for a biochemistry major. If you are trying to give yourself better job and career prospects at graduation, be aware that biology and chemistry have generally poor job and career prospects at the bachelor's degree level. If it is for personal interest, then you can just take courses in the subject and not worry about major or minor requirements.</p>

<p>Don't think you can do it in 4 years, production is pretty time consuming, especially if you are serious and spend time working on other student's films. Daughter is trying to do a music minor, with production, and it's a pretty full plate. Double major would be pretty tough.</p>

<p>It depends. At NYU it's doable, but you have to be prepared to give some things up - you might have to choose not to take some production classes that are recommended but not required, for instance. But it's doable.</p>

<p>ucbalumnus raises a good point. With careful scheduling, you can probably get away with taking organic chemistry and the other pre-med reqs while pursuing film (at Wesleyan, you would have to major in Film Studies in order to take the production course.)</p>

<p>Pointless. Might as well do radiology.</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-VM701 using CC</p>