forgiving poor grades in a rigorous schedule

<p>pre-freshman year (high school) i took a few high school classes that do apparently appear on my transcript according to my counselor, and i got all B's in those classes. Then freshman year i got like a 3.5-3.6 overall gpa. Last year (sophomore year) i got like a 3.9 overall gpa and this year i plan to get a 4.0. Im taking like the hardest classes in my school like a lot of APs and stuff its just that in middle school i didn't care about school, but now i want to go to columbia. would top 10 schools be forgiving of my earlier grades if i prove myself for the next two years? i know there are a lot of other factors but i just want to know about this</p>

<p>Don't worry. Grades aren't everything. But either way, just because you don't have a 4.0 overall GPA doesn't mean your GPA isn't quite high. As long as you have other things on your app as well you should be fine.</p>

<p>They would not be entirely forgiving, but they will consider it a very good thing.</p>

<p>Academics are the foremost important factor in college-applications. So don't expect that a ivy would see a 3.5 gpa better then a 3.6 gpa from someone who had a equal if not harder rigorous schedule. So not entirely forgiving, but will help you.</p>

<p>Even though all admissions officers say that a B in an AP is better then a A in regular classes (which is true), you should ALWAYS strive for a A in AP classes.</p>

<p>thanks its really the only poor part of my app cause i didnt have much motivation. my gpa should end up being something like 3.75 unweighted if i do well</p>

<p>I doubt any college is going to look at middle school grades, even if they're on your transcrript</p>