From Jersey to Northeastern to Harvard?

<p>Hello Everyone,</p>

<p>I would like to go to a top business program in the future but I am not sure how feasible this is considering my background. Let me know what you guys think. </p>

<p>I recently graduated from Monmouth University (a medium-sized private college in NJ) with a degree in Business Management and Information Technology. My GPA upon graduation was a 3.6. </p>

<p>I am now preparing to attend Northeastern in the Fall for a Master of Science in Technological Entrepreneurship.</p>

<p>Some of my extracurriculars include:</p>

<p>President of a club I help to start; program mentors youth from disadvantaged backgrounds</p>

<p>Treasurer of an NCNW chapter </p>

<p>Study Abroad in London; traveled to over 10 countries</p>

<p>Completed a very original thesis which I am trying to get published during the course of the summer</p>

<p>I graduated as an Honor's Student</p>

<p>In an National Honor Society </p>

<p>Received various awards as an undergrad including: MLK Unsung Hero Award; Community Service Award, Outstanding Academic Achievement, etc.</p>

<p>Currently working with a professor doing paid research. The research involves multivariate hypothesis testing to discover a business opportunity and is essentially an extension of my prior research </p>

<p>If I do well in my coursework at Northeastern and work for a few years do you think I will have a shot at any top programs?</p>

<p>If you mean MBA programs, much will depend on GMAT score and getting several years of strong work experience.</p>

<p>Given my background.... what would I have to score to get in?</p>

<p>Do you think I possess a decent enough background to shoot for any top programs given my stats?</p>

<p>Work experience is the number one factor. You will need a good job with growing responsibility for 3-5 years after your masters. Nothing you've told us will keep you out, but a good score (730 plus) and great job will be the keys. All you've given us is GPA, which is acceptable but not stellar.</p>