Gonna get rejected??

<p>Im a 12th grade filipino male with a flat-out 3.0 GPA at cleveland highschool. my school is pretty prestigous, being a magnet school, and california distinguished high school. Many from my school get accepted into UCLA, CAL, etc. i am in the magnet program, with all honors classes. I have been on the swim team for all 4 years of high school. I am Definately not aiming for the higher end UC's, but i was wondering if i could even get accepted into any of the UC schools, with a 3.0 and a 1770 SAT score. I still have one SAT to take, to raise my score. any thoughts? any SAT score i shud aim for?</p>

<p><em>Edit</em>
Iam new here, and i just noticed that there is a "what are my chances thread" and i dont know how to delete this post. sorry in advance</p>

<p>try to bring your SAT up as much as possible, 100 points, preferably more.</p>

<p>but other than that, go for it. you have nothing to lose- it's a crap shoot.</p>

<p>I knew someone last year who had pretty much average SATs and grades, pretty much settled for a state school (University of Florida, which is actually a good school anyway and nothing to complain about, but needless to say he wasn't Ivy-caliber), applied to Vanderbilt as a "joke" just to see if he could "sneak past" the admissions office.</p>

<p>He didn't get into Vanderbilt.</p>

<p>He got into Chapel Hill though Crapped his pants when he got the acceptance letter.</p>

<p>aim for a 2400 and see what happens!</p>

<p>o well. guess i just gotta pray?</p>

<p>Not pray. Take control of yourself, study hard, work hard, and do the best you can. That's all anyone can ask.</p>