How do I stand in terms of transferring to NYU, Columbia, Cornell, UC Berkeley, LA?

<p>Hello all!</p>

<p>I am going into my second year at a California community college in Southern California, in San Diego (Mira Costa). Time to start getting ready to apply to transfer to a 4 year university.</p>

<p>I was just wondering what my chances are at making it into the schools in my title.</p>

<p>Background:
High school gpa: 3.5
CC gpa: 3.2 (still have 35 more credits to take, starting to improve my grades, working a lot harder, if I can get straight A's from here on out, I'll finish with a 3.6-3.7)</p>

<p>I work for a private investment firm, for a man who is one of the top contributors to the UC schools and invented some pretty amazing things, attended Columbia himself. I work very closely with his accountant and executive assistant, which will hopefully be excellent people to write letters of rec (I have some others in mind as well). By the time I apply for transfer I will have been working here for one year, by the time I transfer out it will be around 1.5 years. I will also be joining my CC's finance/investment club very soon. </p>

<p>My goal is to study international relations/business/finance, and becoming a stockbroker, and ultimately reaching a higher position as a portfolio/hedgefund manager (possibly internationally). I would like to acquire an internship during my undergraduate studies, work/intern once I graduate, and go to grad school for my M.B.A.</p>

<p>In my spare time I enjoy bodybuilding, surfing, buying/selling for profit, and am in a big virtual stock game (I placed 420 out of 12,000-and-some people, not sure how important that is but I'm proud of it :) )</p>

<p>I have been bodybuilding for several years, and plan on competing next year. I will be tying this into my essay, since it has played a significant role in my life. It has truly shaped who I am, giving me the confidence and determination I have. I have a clear goal in mind and I know I can achieve it, if I can just get that on paper and show these universities that! :)</p>

<p>Not sure how much this matters, but I am also Iranian (persian), and have helped the youth in my community with holding past athletic events.</p>

<p>I've got the IGETC contract, and have guaranteed admission to all UC's except for Berkeley and UCLA, as long as I keep above a 3.0. I've heard for Berkeley and UCLA you should preferably have above a 3.5. Like I said, I'm working incredibly hard on my grades and can almost guarantee I will have straight A's from here on out.</p>

<p>Any feedback is greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Thank you for taking the time to read all of that :D</p>

<p>for UC, the only grades that count are last year's since the app is due before your fall grades are reported.</p>

<p>Columbia is a reach, as is Cornell, particularly CAS. If you are applying to Cornell's biz program (AEM), you must have completed Bio. NYU would be a match (with mostly A's this fall), but expect to be full pay.</p>

<p>What do you think about my chances at Berkeley or LA? </p>

<p>And I apologize for posting this here, new to the site and not sure where to ask :/</p>

<p>neither 3.2 isnt enough..sorry</p>

<p>A friend of mine who just transferred to UCLA said that by the time they receive your application, they will also receive your Fall grades, even though you are applying before the semester is over.</p>

<p>This is true. ^</p>

<p>Assuming I get straight A's with these summer classes and my fall term, that puts me at 40 credits with an avg of ~3.5-3.6. </p>

<p>Then I will still need to take 20 credits to finish off (my friend also told me UCLA just watches to make sure he passes all of the rest of his classes).</p>

<p>Just found the "what are my chances" section.....wow sorry guys.</p>

<p>Mods please move this if you can, looks like I can't delete it. I'll probably just make a new thread there and copy paste.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the help.</p>