How much do grades make up for decent but not supurb test scores?

<p>I am a straight-A student taking the highest level of classes offered at my school which unfortunately does not inlcude honors or AP classes. I got an A in the Harvard Extension class I took and will have the prof write me a letter of recommendation. Hoping that the college class will help show that I am very capable of college work. 3.96/4.25 GPA b/c of no honors gpa is barely weighted. </p>

<p>SAT scores: comp 2090
CR: 730
M: 680
W: 680 Essay: 8
(All above the 90th percentile)</p>

<p>Bio: 680
Math 1: 650 (planning to take Math 2 after a month or 2 of intense math class in the fall)
I studied some for this test. Didn't take a course but definitely put time into practice tests. I could do better but I'd have to practice a lot. I feel like I'd have the easiest time getting the writing up with some work on essays but many schools don't even look at it. (when mean writing scores aren't listed on college board that means the college doesn't take them, right?)</p>

<p>First choice college and the caliber I'm looking for is Franklin and Marshall. Middle 50% is:
SAT Critical Reading: 600 - 690
SAT Math: 630 - 690 </p>

<p>In most of the match and safety schools I'm looking at my CR is a little above and the math and writing would be between the 50-75th percentiles. Is this not high enough for scholarships? I am planning to take the ACT in September and the SAT Math 2 subject test if I feel I can do well on it. </p>

<p>My feeling is that I'll try for a higher ACT but if I don't get it not worry about it. It seems like the fact that the rest of my application is strong should make it not necessary for me to improve the SAT scores? Is this sound thinking?</p>

<p>I can't say exactly how much, but colleges usually put more weight on your school GPA than test scores. I honestly think you should aim to have higher scores though. Your GPA and test scores should be somewhat balanced, or it might seem as if your school isn't as rigorous as it could/should be.</p>