How to Get Over Fear of Studying Abroad??

<p>I am a very shy and introverted person. For the most part I like to play it safe. But I have always wanted to study abroad in a foreign country. My school is currently offering a program to study abroad in a language program over the summer and it sounds super interesting. The thing is though I'm afraid of going. I feel that a lot of the people who will be going are going to be extremely outgoing and will clash with my personality, making it hard for me to make friends. The city that I might be going to is a large industrial city, with a very colorful night life. And I tend to avoid partying. I don't want to seem like a total loner or nerd when I'm studying abroad... What should I do? I really want to go to this program though, does anybody have any advice or words of wisdom to help me get over my fears?</p>

<p>What are you afraid of? </p>

<p>You don't need to be the worlds greatest extrovert to enjoy a study abroad. The thing about studying abroad is you will need to learn how to move outside your comfort zone. Because when you are studying abroad there'll be many situations that will force you to do things that you would have otherwise not thought possible. This is were the real rewards of studying abroad come in. Because every little step outside your comfort zone you take is another deposit in your self confidence vault. The funny thing is that it is a snow ball effect you may only take little baby steps in the beginning but by the end you have began taking leaps. </p>

<p>The worst thing you could do is allow fear to hold you back. Typically many people make decisions out of fear instead of trying to conquer the fear… Fear conquers them. The good thing for you is that you know what you fear so all you have to do is find ways to conquer his fear or at least just minimize it.</p>

<p>There are tons of websites online that can help you find answers to the questions that you may have about studying abroad.</p>