I need motivation for Senior year, school tomorrow :(

<p>I have a moderately challenging senior load:</p>

<p>Ap spanish, ap calc, ap physics, ap gov, honors econ, ap lit, ap art history</p>

<p>Most of my friends are taking easy classes, they get off at like 12pm or 1pm, I get off at 3pm. They're doing this because they say that colleges don't even look at senior year.</p>

<p>Should I lighten my load? or just tough it out, get A's and dominate. I need motivation on why I should keep working hard when my friends are relaxing :((</p>

<p>If it makes you feel any better, most of your friends are going to community college. Have a great senior year!</p>

<p>^ I don't get it lol, they're not though. They have good gpa's etc. but no one at my school is challenging themselves this year. its ridiculous.</p>

<p>Colleges do look at your senior year courses, and some even look at your first semester grades. Your friends are screwed, sorry.</p>

<p>I'm assuming that by "easy classes", you are referring to on-level courses, by the way.</p>

<p>They have little to no honors/ap and have only about 3-4 classes while I have 6, they keep telling me to drop some classes down to regular, they were pretty persuasive.</p>

<p>you mean they're taking some "free" periods? Yep, they're screwed lol</p>

<p>okay, if I do well first semester, that will be good for admissions then?</p>

<p>Depends on whether or not the college actually wants to look at first semester grades. Either way, you should do well your senior year just because.</p>

<p>^ aight, most of the colleges I'm applying to this year require mid-year reports, so its important right?</p>

<p>Yes. Grades are always important lol</p>

<p>I have a free period that I use as a research intern, so it can be good if there's a reason for it</p>

<p>haha I know man, I'm just psyching myself out. The finish line is sooo close. </p>

<p>It's good to know that mid-year reports can help me out if I get good grades. Just gives me something to pursue haha</p>

<p>@Laxing</p>

<p>Nice man! But my friends reasons are not as good as yours hahaha</p>

<p>Colleges definitely look at what courses you take senior year. They might not care too much about 4th quarter senior year grades, but the course selection is a big one for sure and first semester grades may or may not come into play.</p>

<p>Well when the year is over and you get into all the good colleges you will be glad you worked hard and your efforts paid off.</p>