I'm being summoned to court for a curfew violation; will I need to tell colleges?

<p>And could it affect my chances? I live in Hamilton Township, New Jersey, and I've been googling for about an hour trying to find out what the penalty is for a curfew violation (just walking around after hours as a minor), but for the life of me I can't find any information.</p>

<p>Could this be a problem?</p>

<p>Why do posts seem funnier when I read them at 4 am?</p>

<p>Ah, no, it shouldn't be a concern.</p>

<p>Curfew violation?? I think its less impactful on your application than Jaywalking...but not worse than littering! haha</p>

<p>No, I dont think its a big deal.</p>

<p>Curfew violations, unconnected to other nefarious activity, are generally treated the same as minor traffic tickets and in Hamilton Township the fine can be up to $100 and possibly some community service. Other than that you might have to list it in an application for admission to a college along with other minor offenses such as traffic tickets will not have any impact on admission.</p>

<p>Couldn't you just tell the police that you had bad gas and had to take a walk to relieve yourself and your family?</p>