Is there any legal requirement to indicate all educational history on an admissions application?

<p>I want to apply for a coding academy. I am confident that I have the capacity to learn the material based on some programming classes I took while I was in my engineering degree program/some other programming projects and tasks I've done.</p>

<p>However, last fall I took an online class in web development through a community college (after I received my engineering degree). Long story short I was working full time, taking another class at the same time and got fed up with the way the class was organized, lost motivation, and got a D.</p>

<p>I would prefer not to mention this while applying for the coding academy for obvious reasons, and I know I am capable of much better than that anyway. </p>

<p>Based on the application, it wouldn't be hard for me to not mention that class and only mention obtaining my bachelor's degree in civil engineering.</p>

<p>But, I am concerned as to whether there is some sort of implicit legal requirement on my part to report all of my educational experience? Could I face any consequences if they find out I didn't indicate all of my educational history?</p>

<p>The actual application itself, as far as I saw, didn't say anything like, "please indicate all of your educational history," it just asked me to indicate where I went for undergrad, my major, GPA, etc, and then there's an optional field for me to indicate other info about my education.</p>

<p>I know I tend to be too over-analytical and worrisome and I'm hoping that's the case here and no such requirement exists, but I want to make sure.</p>

<p>Whenever you apply for admission to degree program at an accredited college or university in the US, you are obligated to provide official copies of all of your transcripts. Period.</p>

<p>Now if it happens that this is an unaccredited organization, all bets are off. Since you are concerned about this one recent bad grade, pick up the phone and call the place that you are applying to. Ask them. A simple “I realized too late that the format of the course wasn’t going to work for me. Had I understood that in time, I would have withdrawn from the class.” could be enough.</p>