My chances and several questions about my schedule

<p>Hi,
I'm a junior. I don't have the best of gpas (I'd say my gpa is pretty much in the A and B range, probably about a 3.7 gpa), but I have a good courseload and have been working very hard since sophomore year, the courses I've taken are:</p>

<h2>Freshman</h2>

<p>Algebra I Honors
English I Honors
Theology I
World History
Spanish I
Speech class
Intro to Physics and Chemistry (one semester I caught up with via mail in course, the other semester I took in the classroom since I didn't have room in my schedule for it first semester)</p>

<h2>Sophomore</h2>

<p>Geometry Honors
English II Honors
Biology Honors
AP World History (3 on the exam... definitely not sending it in)
Spanish II
Theology II</p>

<p>Calculus I, II, and III (via my community college, I taught myself Algebra II, geometry, and precalculus freshman year by myself, but I didn't get high school credit for my calculus classes...)</p>

<h2>Junior</h2>

<p>AP Computer Science
AP Literature and Comp.
AP Language and Comp.
AP US History
German I
Chemistry</p>

<p>I took linear algebra this semester via the university in town (they also offer abstract algebra, advanced calculus (which sounds like differential equations, but I'm not positive and the diff eqs. class there more targeted at engineers isn't a prerequisite for anything), intro to topology, and real analysis (advanced calculus is a prerequisite)) , since I've taken all the classes offered at the community college except for differential equations, which I may take also in the spring. I'm definitely taking calculus-based physics I in the spring and planning on doing the other two semester of it my senior year.
I've also gotten straight A's in all my math classes.</p>

<p>So basically I've taken a year off from my old Catholic school to do online classes, and I plan on going back next year. I'm planning on doing more volunteering and community work in the spring since I've been really busy adjusting this semester, especially with another major life change going on (won't get into to it, but it's why I'm taking a year off from my old school before going back.</p>

<p>Other than that these are the clubs and groups I've been in
Academic Team (9th grade)
JSA (Junior Statesmen of America) (9th and 10th grade) (vice president sophomore year)
Key Club (9th and 10th grade)
Math team (9th and 10th grade)
Science Olympiad (10th grade)
WYSE (10th grade) (similar to science olympiad)</p>

<h2>Recycling Club (10th grade)</h2>

<p>Now I'm planning on being on the GSA out at the community college, working at the soup kitchen, continuing my work with my local occupy movement, possibly working with the local LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) Pride committee (I'm with the local LGBT youth group), and possibly organizing a feminist event here.</p>

<p>Basically my questions are:
1. What are my chances of getting into a "good" school, i.e., do I have a chance of getting into top name colleges like University of Chicago, MIT, CalTech?</p>

<ol>
<li><p>What should I do as far as math goes?
Should I talk with someone from the university to see if I could take differential equations in place of advanced calculus? Also would I likely be able to test out of abstract algebra since I have a book on it? Any other suggestions?</p></li>
<li><p>Will having less AP classes next year look bad? I'm not personally a fan of AP classes since I think that non-AP classes offer more time to write creatively, talk with the teacher in debth about particular topics, etc. that there isn't as much time for in an AP class since there's a set curriculum that you need to be ready for for a test.</p></li>
<li><p>Does this schedule look good for my senior year? </p>

<h2>Senior</h2>

<p>AP Chemistry
AP Psychology
Global Geography and Current Events
English III Honors or IV Honors (depending on what I have when I go back since English III at our school is United States lit. and English IV is mostly British lit. and I haven't had either)
Theology IV
Independent Study ( I plan on doing an independent study class with one of my favorite teachers, either in history, mathematics, or literature)
German IV </p></li>
</ol>

<p>and then Calc-based Physics II and III at my local community college and possibly math classes too.</p>

<p>My other class options are:
-Journalism
-Art I
-Biology AP (I hate biology class, at least by who it is taught, nice lady, but she can't
teach well...)
-European History AP
-Engineering/Infinity Project</p>

<p>How are you planning on going from German I to German IV? Have you tested into it or something?</p>

<p>D'oh that was just a mistype, I'm planning on doing German II next year.</p>