My chances, avg student...

<p>Hi, i go to a 1000 student, grades 7-12, Catholic, prep highschool. I am a junior this year and have a low gpa (below 3.0). My class rank is about 192 out of 250 as well. I have a predicted act of about 20-24. I will be varsity ski team captain my senior year. I was named cook of the year for my summer job. This summer i plan on participating in a one week mission trip in Kentucky to build/repair homes and to assist community ministries with needed social services. By the end of summer, i will hopefully earn my schools gold public service award, the highest offered.</p>

<p>THE FOLLOWING IS INFO ON MY SCHOOL.
2004-2005 ACT Test Scores
91% of H-M Seniors take the ACT<br>
English Math Reading Science Composite
24.8 23.8 25.4 23.5 24.5 </p>

<p>Post High School
Approximate post graduate statistics</p>

<p>46% attend 4-year public colleges
34% attend 4-year private colleges
14% attend 2-year colleges </p>

<p>I know I have a low gpa and low class rank but I go to a very challenging school. How much will colleges take this into consideration?</p>

<p>Also, how much will me going on the mission trip to Kentucky, as well as earing my schools highest award for community service help with getting into college?</p>

<p>I am hoping to get into a state college. Do i have any chance for something like the University of Minnesota Duluth?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Just work very hard this year and next, study for the ACTs/SATs and you might have an ok chance at UMN:TC
You look fine at UMN-D</p>

<p>Another possibility for you might be to start out at a community college and then transfer over to a 4-year, this might prepare you better for the rigors of college.</p>

<p>I know I have a low gpa and low class rank but I go to a very challenging school. How much will colleges take this into consideration?</p>

<p>can someone please answer this? </p>

<p>thanks</p>