Notre Dame REA Class of 2024

@betty5201 From what the admissions officer said at our past road show, you aren’t admitted based on your major. They will give a pre-approval for any one wanting to go into Mendoza. But you aren’t a business major until the second year. I think it’s just hard to get into ND period

Hi guys! I’m a current freshman at ND (class of '23) who got in REA last year. If y’all have any questions, feel free to reach out! I know College Confidential really helped me last year

@bachbend Thanks so much! I submitted my application last night! Do you remember how long it took for you to get the portal log in and which day hey sent the acceptance info?

Hey everyone! This time last year I was OBSESSED with Notre Dame. I applied REA and unfortunately did not receive good news. If you do receive good news, congrats! Your hard work has paid off and you have a great institution to become a part of. If you don’t receive good news, I promise that things will work out. No matter the case, I suggest having a playlist ready that will either help you cope or help you celebrate! Wishing you guys all the best from a school that I am so glad that I ended up at :wink:

Hi, My son applied on 10/31 and is waiting to get his email to set up his portal. How long does that normally take?

It took a day or two for my son to get his portal info. I would also suggest he check his spam folder, as some of my son’s ND emails ended up there.

Hi everyone! I applied early for ACMS. I recently came across this Observer article that I wanted to share. I know it can be stressful to see “how the sausage is made,” but I found this to be very informative. Good luck to all!

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2019/11/i-requested-my-admissions-documents-heres-what-i-found-out/

Thanks so much for starting this! I have been waiting for something like this to appear, so it will be nice to hear from other people in the same boat as myself! I applied REA about a month ago…and have about a month of waiting left! Good luck to everyone!

Notre Dame just announced the decision release date! It’s December 13th at 18:42 EST!

Oh wow that’s awesome/really soon! How did you find that out?

They just posted it on the admission page of the website. Good luck everyone!

What do they mean by 18:42 ET? Does that mean at 6:42 Eastern time? Or something else? Seems oddly specific for a time.

Yes, 18:42 ET is 6:42 pm EST. Notre Dame was founded in 1842 and they traditionally release decisions at that time of day.

Thanks for sharing! ND has been my dream for so long and I can’t believe we’ll find out in less than 2 weeks. Best of luck to everyone!!!

Hi everyone! I applied as a polisci major for next year.
Does anyone have any idea how intently they look at legacy status? I’m applying with an ACT score just below the average so would my legacy status possibly balance that out? I would be fourth generation to the school.

oooooo yes they will love that. long as your other stats are solid you’re golden

I hope Friday he 13th turns out to be good luck! UGH!

I think it is incredibly responsive and thoughtful for ND to post the REA announcement date this year on the admissions web page. It seems that in previous years guessing the date was somewhat stressful. I also love that it will be on a Friday! This will give time to process and will not interfere with studying. Although it makes for a very quiet REA thread!

Best of luck to everyone!

Chances???
REA OOS
GPA 3.82/4
SAT - 1480
Eagle Scout
Varsity Rowing
Aerospace Engineering
Mostly Honors/AP courses
AP Calc, AP Physics, etc

@droppinknowledge In- vs. Out-of-State is not a consideration for Notre Dame and other selective private universities with national footprint. Best of luck and success tomorrow!