Hamilton College
Hope College
Juniata
UC Berkeley
UC LA
UC Irvine
UC Santa Barbra </p>

<p>Possible major: Biochemistry </p>

<p>SAT I (breakdown): 660/640/590 (1890)
ACT (pretty bad): 21/27/29/22/10 (25)
SAT II (Even worst):
Bio M - 510
MathII - 570
Lit - 530
Physics – 510</p>

<p>AP:
U.S. History: 3
AP Language:3</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.85
Weighted GPA: 4.09

<p>AP Classes taken:
U.S. History
English Language
English Literature
Physics
Biology
Calculus AB
American Government </p>

<p>Freshman Year Course Load: English I H, Geometry H , Percussion, Biology H, Marching Band, Yearbook, Health/Computer Science
Sophomore Year Course Load: World History H, English 2 H, Algebra 2/Trig, Chemistry H, Marching Band, Percussion, French I
Junior Year Course Load: AP Physics , AP U.S. History, AP English Language, Percussion, Marching Band, French II, Pre-Calculus H
Senior Year Course Load: AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Literature, AP American Government/ Economics H, Percussion, Marching Band, Forensics </p>

<p>Awards: (Just school related)
Student of the Day
Student of the Quarter (x8)
Best Sophomore in Band
Best Junior in Band</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
NHS - Class Treasurer, Community Chair Person. (3 years including Senior)
Link Crew – Leader/Mentora. (2 years)
Marching Band/Pep Band/ Indoor Drumline/Concert Band – Assistant Drum Major, Front Ensemble Section Leader. (4 years)
Salsa Dancing Club – (3 years)
College Access Network (CAN) – (1)</p>

<p>Volunteer/Community service:
Volunteering at my local library (107 hours 45 minutes).
I also have various hours from volunteering at elementary schools and at marathons. </p>

<p>Summer Activities:
YCS Conference at Pepperdine
Band Camp</p>

<p>State (if domestic applicant): CA
School Type: public
Ethnicity: African
Income Bracket: <40k</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>You're ranked 2nd in a class of 585, very impressive indeed, but your test scores are definitely sub par. Are you just a bad test taker?</p>

<p>Imo the overall bad test scores kind of nullify your rank bcuz it makes colleges think that your school prlly just isn't that rigorous.. My two cents at any rate lol</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-D600 using CC App</p>

<p>I'm a really bad test taker, especially when the tests are as long as the SAT and ACT. My head starts to hurt and the room starts to spin</p>

<p>The low SAT bring down the value of the great GPA and courses you took...so it is hard to say that some of the better schools are going to accept you. But wait! You are african american so they automatically consider you to have a 2100+ and 700+ on the subject tests. So you actually do have a good chance haha! Good Luck!</p>

<p>You still have time to apply to more schools! I suggest SAT optional schools. While I hate standardized tests as much as the next guy, you cannot expect admission officers to overlook those scores. Your class rank is wonderful! I disagree with some previous posts made here. I don't think your test scores invalidate your GPA. I think the SAT misrepresents your abilities, which is exactly why you should be applying to test optional schools. Remember that when you apply to a school you are presenting yourself...its up to you to craft an attractive application. Best of luck!</p>