Please chance me! Low gpa competitive SAT THANKS SO MUCH!

<p>I'm a high school senior from PA, </p>

<p>GPA 3.53UW(calculated myself) 3.69W</p>

<p>SAT 610CR 780M 720W
SAT II just took the nov test scores will come out in two weeks
Math II
Chinese with listening</p>

<p>ACT 30comp 32math 25eng 32reading 31science 25writing
ACT 28comp 34math 25eng ...</p>

<p>Asian Female first generation college</p>

<p>E.C.
Internship at YMCA with the board and Leaders club
Captain of Titan Business Challenge JA
Vice President of KIVA
Active member of Key club 4years
Active member of art club 3years
Active member of asian club 2years
played recreational tennis 4years
FBLA treasurer 1year</p>

<p>Major: accounting, business management, economics, Law
or maybe double major</p>

<p>schools looking to apply(all regular decision):</p>

<p>University of Illinois at UC
University of Michigan at AA
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania State University
New York University Stern <--really want to go!
University of Chicago
UC Berkeley <-- not sure
College of William and Mary</p>

<p>Please chance me! I promise I will chance back.
Thanks so much!</p>

<p>You have some really unique ECs and being a first generation really helps too. However, being Asian sucks for colleges and you have a relatively low GPA and test scores for many of the highly selective colleges on your list. A lot of the schools are extremely hard to get into for anyone, but write great essays and you'll have a shot at some of them. I really hope you get into Stern! Good luck!</p>

<p>University of Illinois at UC- match
University of Michigan at AA- high match/low reach
University of Pennsylvania- high reach (for nearly anyone)
University of Pittsburgh- match
Pennsylvania State University- match
New York University Stern- high reach (for nearly anyone)
University of Chicago- high reach (for nearly anyone)
UC Berkeley- high reach (for nearly anyone)
College of William and Mary- high match/low reach</p>

<p>Chance me back?
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1192613-chance-me-please-will-chance-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1192613-chance-me-please-will-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Penn, Berkeley, Stern, Chicago- big reaches- really big
Michigan, William and Mary- reaches
Illinois, Pittsburgh, Penn State- match</p>

<p>What are your safeties?</p>

<p>@Shaq395, Do you think maybe I am being unrealistic with the colleges I am applying to? </p>

<p>@schmohawk, I would consider Pitt and Penn state my safeties, now I'm unsure about it because of your response, do you think i have a really low chance of getting into Stern?</p>

<p>I'll have to be frank and say that some of them will be extremely hard for you to get into, but that doesn't mean you can't get into them. I agree with schmohawk that you should probably have some other options (maybe smaller colleges like Bucknell, Lehigh, or Muhlenberg?) just in case.</p>

<p>@Shaq395, I am having second thoughts on UC Berkeley and UPenn, Maybe I will just not apply to them. I am looking for an urban or suburban setting for my dream college, and I am sure I will major in accounting. As for UMich and College of William and Mary, do you think I have a decent shot at those two? If not I am going to have to rethink seriously about where to apply because I wouldn't want tons of rejection letters! haha..</p>

<p>I'd have to say some of them are unrealistic--Penn which only takes 2% who were not top 10% and Berkeley, which is very numbers oriented are not worth the fees. Stern is a long shot, but if you're full pay anything could happen this year.</p>

<p>@ELM277, thanks for the advice! I am probably going to take off UPenn and UCB just so I don't waste any money... how do you think about the other schools that are on my list?</p>

<p>Even if your other stats are amazing, your SAT is not competitive for UPenn, UChicago, NYU Stern, or UC Berkeley. Since your EC's and GPA are weak, I don't think you have a chance at any of those 4 (at least, your chance is <1%)</p>

<p>@bobtheboy, how about CMU? I forgot to put it on the list</p>

<p>Many of schools are reach for you. But you still have a good chance. i think you should think about applying to one safety just in case. Upenn will be really tough. dont wanna discourage you but might be thinking about that once more. Michigan, William and Mary is the best fit for you.</p>

<p>University of Illinois at UC- Match
University of Michigan at AA- High Match
University of Pennsylvania- High Reach
University of Pittsburgh- Match
Pennsylvania State University- Match
New York University Stern- Reach
University of Chicago- High Reach
UC Berkeley- Reach
College of William and Mary- Low Reach</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1232794-final-chance-thread-will-chance-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1232794-final-chance-thread-will-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>@goodlse, thanks a lot! Do you think I have a shot at UCB?
@lexieam, what does high match mean?</p>

<p>It means that it's a little higher than a match but lower than a reach!</p>

<p>scores are good, but gpa is a bit low. and being asian does hurt admissions since there are high expectations for them. you have a good chance though. i'm sure not everyone who has applied to colleges have perfect scores. make sure everything else stands out in terms of essay and recommendations. Good luck!</p>

<p>University of Illinois at UC- match
University of Michigan at AA- high match/low reach
University of Pennsylvania- wouldn't count on it
University of Pittsburgh- safety
Pennsylvania State University- match
New York University Stern- reach
University of Chicago- reach
UC Berkeley- reach
College of William and Mary- reach</p>

<p>You need to pick up your CR sat score and you'd be in alot metter place.</p>

<p>@lexieam, thanks for the clarification!</p>

<p>@ambitious4co, I have taken almost all honor classes since 10th grade and took 2 ap in junior year and four this year, one of the reasons why my gpa is so low is because I didn't have a whole lot of regular classes, do you think knowing I have taken challenging classes help the fact that i have a low gpa? </p>

<p>@darwise2012, thanks a lot!</p>

<p>^^^^bump :)</p>

<p>^^bumpp!!!</p>

<p>bumpppppp!</p>