Please Chance

<p>Hello, Please chance me; it would be very grateful. Colleges in mind: MIT, Princeton, Yale, Standford, Cal-Tech, UCB, UCLA other highly recognized universities.</p>

<p>Overall GPA: 3.24 unweighted 4.5 weighted</p>

<p>9th:</p>

<p>English I H: D+
Intergrated 1: B+
World His Honors: B
Spanish 1: C
Life science: C
Pe: A</p>

<p>9th</p>

<p>English I H: B+
Intergrated 1: B+
World His H: A+
Spanish 1: B+
Life Sci: A+
Pe: A+</p>

<p>9th/Summer:
Health: A+</p>

<p>10th
English II H: A+
Geometry: A+
AP Euro: A-
Biology: A+
Spanish II: B
Tennis: A+</p>

<p>10th
English II H: B
Geometry: B+
AP Euro: B: score of 3
Spanish II: C
Biology: B
Volleyball: A</p>

<p>Self Study: AP Bio: 2 APES: 2</p>

<p>11th (Confirmed class schedule)
AP Lang
AP USH
Chem H
Pre-Calc Honors (got into it by taking a placement exam)
Volleyball
Spanish III</p>

<p>Self Study: AP Chem, AP World History</p>

<p>12th (Unconfirmed but positive on course choices)
AP Lit
AP Gov and Econ
AP Calculus BC
Physics
AP Spanish
Volleyball</p>

<p>Self Study: AP Physics B/C, AP Art History, AP Statistics</p>

<p><strong><em>SAT: 1st: 1740 2nd: aiming above 2000 (working hard)</em></strong></p>

<p><strong><em>ACT: soon to take</em></strong></p>

<p>Ec's: Varsity Volleyball, one of the captains on a US first robotics team, Professional 1st Tier Video Broadcasting Head for more than 10 Nonprofit organizations.</p>

<p>Hobbies: Constructing a variety of items and posting them on instructables, YouTube, etc., conducting personal research on the topic of Cold Fusion and conducted 4 basic concept experiments (2 success/2 failure); designing a robotic assistance arm using arduino and specific muscle signaling. Collecting Various Rare Comics from Marvel and Dc.
Making Short films and incorporating VFX, CGI, and various video techniques.
Composing Music (mainly percussion, and string instruments) and mixing music (I also made 2 albums for Commercial sale). </p>

<p>Interns: Proposed 3-4 week Intern at a Oregon Commercial Vehicle Factory in Mechatronics Department. (Mainly in December).</p>

<p>I did not add volunteering, for those who might consider this in my chances here it is:</p>

<p>More than 300+ hours of volunteering at local temple since 9th Grade</p>

<p>15+ hours at 22 Non Profit Organizations this year</p>

<p>I have more to list, but I'll do it tmmrw.</p>

<p>or today :)</p>

<p>bump please.</p>

<p>If ethnicity is a factor; I'm an Indian Male.</p>

<p>The D+ in 9th grade makes you automatically ineligible for UCLA or UCB, and will probably ruin your chances for any other of those schools.
You need to reevaluate and find some schools that match your gpa and SAT score /:</p>

<p>You're joking, right?</p>

<p>I understand that you like the appeal of the Ivy League, but to be quite frank, you have no chance at any of the schools listed. Not even the slightest hope. Your academics are just too weak...</p>

<p>Don't take this as an insult, but a piece of advice. Find colleges more in your range that suit what you are looking for in a college, and apply to those. Do not bother with MIT, Yale, Caltech etc.</p>

<p>@exemplix: the D+ was made up for at a local college (counselor's suggestion) and I got an A</p>

<p>your chances are slim, your freshman year will hurt you</p>

<p>Freshman year and the UW will hurt you, especially because your SATs aren't OUTSTANDING (I mean obviously they are good- but not really in the Ivy range and with your UW you probably want to be about their range- like 2350/35 at least). If you really want to go to one of these prestigeous schools though, maybe consider ED to Duke/Northwestern? Sure, a lot of legacy/hook/athletes get in, but its about a 30% admissions rate, so if you want good odds at a good school thats your way to go (But your chances would still prolly be slim- really work on that sat/act and straight As senior year and great essays)</p>

<p>thank you, yes I know 9th grade and UW are horrible, it was due to changing districts in the 1st sem of 9th grade. They couldn't transfer my grades :(. btw, just a doubt, can contests (ISEF, etc), and other ec's make up for my 9th grade and GPA?</p>

<p>Ya solid grades throughout the rest of HS, ECs, and awards can help a lot. What colleges are you looking at now? I don't see you getting into the ones you mentioned, but you have a chance (abet small one) at the next tier of schools (Rice, Duke, WashU, Vandy, Northwestern). Do you have any interest in those type of schools, again it will be really tough, but you may get into one of these schools ED (it will be really tough though, but it might happen). Then look at BC/Wake/Villanova/Holy Cross, which are a bit more realistic (get that 2000+ though)</p>

<p>Not as much; however, I only wish to go to MIT because of their Mechatronic Research Lab. Stanford, UCLA, UCB also due to their Research under the subject of Mechatronics.</p>

<p><quote> but you have a chance (abet small one) </quote> </p>

<p>a small chance is enough hope for me :)</p>

<p>Alright. I'm not an adcom but I think it will be tough to get into those schools because of Frosh year and not a great SAT. I'd research mechantronics and see what schools that are a step or two below HYPSM and the UCs have that and aim to one of those for your reach/high match depending on what school it is</p>

<p>Understood.</p>

<p>can online classes be considered for my chances? i took 6. at a accredited online high school</p>

<p>I think patriotsfan was being nice when he said that you even had a chance. I'm sorry but schools like HYPSM and Caltech are very out of your range. People with 2400s, 4.0, Valedictorians get rejected from those schools, why would they accept someone of your academic ability?</p>

<p>Yes I understand, dblazer..... Also, could you happen to answer my question about my online record?</p>