Please help me Decide between Harvard, Yale EA; Princeton ED

<p>Asian Male, West Virginia (which I believe is a very underepresented state)
From #1 School in WV</p>

<p>Please help me decide between these schools, which do you think I have more of a shot at?:
Yale SCEA
Princeton ED
Harvard SCEA (Is there an advantage of applying early to these schools, because on all of their websites they all blantantly say that there isn't)</p>

<p>Or should I do UPenn ED?</p>

<p>Regular Decision:
Columbia
Johns Hopkins
Brown
Wash Stl
Dartmouth
Safety: Ohio State Honors College, Penn State Honors College</p>

<p>SAT: 770 reading 780 Math 770 Writing 2320 Composite</p>

<p>SAT II: 780 U.S History (planning to take math 2c, chem in oct., Bio in nov., and world history in dec.)</p>

<p>GPA: UW: 3.86, School does not weight grades or rankings. The only Bs I have gotten are in 8th and 9th grade except for a B in German in 2nd semester 11th grade. (And all of my Bs have been in German)</p>

<p>Rank: 30-70/400 : I did not think my school ranked, but apparently it does. AND my school DOES NOT WEIGH RANKINGS or GRADES. If they had weighted them I would definitely be 1-10/400, because all of the people with 4.0s have taken non-honors and non-AP classes. I have taken 7 AP’s (2nd most AP’s) so far and 3 college courses (2 at West Virginia University: both A’s, and 1 at Georgetown, A)</p>

<p>AP: Stat 5, US History 5, Psych 5, Eng Comp. 4</p>

<p>National Merit Semifinalist</p>

<p>ECs
-Chamber Choir (Our chamber Choir performed at Carnegie Hall this past year)
-Show Choir (This year our show choir is being featured exclusively in an 8-14 episode show on MTV)
-2nd Place Junior Division (Under18) 2006 West Virginia State Chess Championship
-AP Scholar with destinction, one of the handfull in WV
-Selected for the 2006 JSA Georgetown Summer Program where I took US Govt.
-Newspaper and Yearbook Staff (we don't have editors, but if we did I, would be in the running) I am also getting a rec. from our Advisor.
-Varsity Tennis Letterman Fresman, Sophomore, and Junior years
-1st place Winner of the 2004 West Virginia Junior Math League
-Competed in American Regional Math League
-Currently Founding a Junior Statesmen Of America Chapter at school
-Qualified and competed in the AIME
-National Honors Society
-Math Honors
-Science Honors
-National German Honors Society
-JSA
-2005 4th place finisher in the Scholatic West Virigina Chess Tournament
-1st place winner of the Schoolwide Film Festival
-Winner of a 2004 West Virginia Music Teachers Award for Piano (an instrument I played for 8 years)</p>

<p>Community Service:
-Over 300 hours of Community Service
-Volunteered at the library for 50+ hours in 2004
-Volunteered at the National Youth Sports Program for 100+ hours in 2005 where I taught tennis to children. I am volunteering there this summer too for 50+ hours
-Math Tutor for school 50+ hours</p>

<p>I'd go Princeton ED, personally. Frankly, I think Princeton early versus Princeton regular gives a greater advantage than Yale or Havard early versus regular. </p>

<p>Really, though, it depends on which school you feel suits you best. Don't pick Harvard, Yale, or Princeton based on what other people feel. Do what you feel is best for YOU.</p>

<p>I agree with congress23, your best chance is at Princeton ED. DO you go to morgantown high school? because i used to go there, and im quite sure i know who you are, did u have capage as english teacher once? or mrs. born? well anyways, yi, if i were you i would go to princeton since it is the best college in the US. but you have a strong chance for any college in the US, the only negative is your class rank, but your SAT makes up for it, also consider UPenn.</p>

<p>Ya, I go to MHS</p>

<p>...</p>

<p>Who is this?</p>

<p>Truthfully, go to the college that gives you the best aid, i am most likely going to Indiana since i will be an athlete who will have a full scholarship, you would possibly get alot of aid from colleges like Columbia, Georgetown or UPenn, but not Harvard or Yale.</p>

<p>Yes, but I am not worried about money at these schools...I am happy to pay any amount that they require to go to one of these schools. I just want to get into one.</p>

<p>Also, a point to be made is that all three schools do have a different flavor to them, so it also will depend on the type of person you are.</p>

<p>you'll be competing with 99999999 other asian males. and you are not exactly spectacular among the population</p>

<p>The fact that you have virtually all of the Ivies except Cornell on your list sets off warning bells. Brown and Johns Hopkins are VERY different. Do some more research- read over the visit reports on CC, check out the departments at the schools, etc. I see very little in common among your schools except prestige and possibly science/pre-med. I wouldn't apply to a school ED, even Princeton, without visiting or doing serious research work.</p>

<p>I agree with warblersrule86. DOn't look at Yale or Harvard just because they are the most renowned. First realize that you will be spending 4 years at the college you choose to go to. So do some research as to what you will major in. For example, if you major in engineering, it would be imprudent to choose Yale since colleges such as Cal-Berekeley and Carnegie Mellon have better career opportunities for engineers. First decide what interests you, then decide what campuses you like. Try and visit some colleges like I did. On paper, I was fascinated with UChicago, but when I visited the campus I felt I had a certain abhorrence towards it. Rankings are not always the most important thing, look at college life, weather, facilities, campus housing and dining and the local atmosphere and ask yourself whether you want to spend 4 years of your life there?</p>

<p>Really, instead of asking random internet people who could be anybody, why not go to the school's websites / read their descriptions / guide books and talk to someone you know is knowledgeble?</p>

<p>There's also the CC board on all the Ivies, which is also pretty good info.</p>

<p>Don't worry about Mintie, "Yi," she is only frustrated at your impressive SAT score.</p>