Random Questions

Thanks! We are having an argument at work, and I agree that the apostrophe looks dumb.

But there’s more dissension on the issue than you would think! The New York Times is not consistent; it sometimes uses “for convenience’ sake” and sometimes “convenience’s sake.” The New Yorker uses “for convenience’s sake” except when they are quoting Virginia Woolf. Older editions of the Chicago Manual of Style apparently specifically reference “for convenience’ sake” but new editions drop the example altogether (but do include “for goodness’ sake” but also “for appearance’s sake”).

Anyway, it’s a dumb argument but a bunch of us were stuck in a conference room waiting for someone, and doing some group editing.

What’s going on with the west coast drought? I haven’t heard much lately and I’d love some details from those of you who were xeriscaping and saving shower water a few months ago.

Have you seen this?

The video will make you smile!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/11-year-old-makes-incredible-ace-playing-with-tiger-woods-at-bluejack-national/ar-BBqh49B?li=BBnbfcL

Saw it this morning. Pretty cool. :slight_smile:

seersucker:

before Memorial Day?
before Easter?
at the beach next week?

Where will you be? Mexico? Caribbean?

someplace warm :wink:

Well, might matter where you were.

I think it does matter where you are.
New England: After Memorial Day
Caribbean: anytime although it might be considered too dressy

Not HI–rarely ever see seersucker around our state at any time of the year.

It’s very preppy and east coast, IMO.

HImom, if you see a woman in seersucker sundress walking around downtown Honolulu, that would be me! :slight_smile: I love that fabric.

Thank you, doschicos and all. I agree- it does matter.

Yes, it was in style around here in the 70s, but no so much since then in Honolulu. It IS a nice fabric. :slight_smile:

Golf wear in some locales

H wants a seersucker suit!

Stop! This is supposed to be Q then A. Not discussions about seersucker! :slight_smile:

Question - Is this an inappropriate use of seersucker???

http://www.southernmarsh.com/collections/swimsuits/products/the-dockside-swim-trunk-seersucker-gingham

Seems like it’s wrong to wet down seersucker? (so yes?) Is this a test for non-southerners? :slight_smile:

Apparently it’s got a nylon underlayer. I’m glad someone is being creative with seersucker, I wish there was more!