Rhodes Scholar Taking Questions

Hi,
I have noticed that many of you are curious about the process of becoming an Rhodes Scholar and I would be more then delighted to talk to you about it. I cannot stick around this forum too much but you can reach me on AIM at joejewell82(this is the best way). I am currently studying Aerospace Engineering at Michigan and I already hold an undergraduate degree from Caltech. I look forward to speaking with all of you.
-Joe

<p>Hey man thanks for the help. Good luck at Michigan and Oxford, you rock.</p>

<p>Hey Joe thanks for all the advice. I'm definitely going to apply in 5 years' time.</p>

<p>No problem, glad I could help out. Thanks for the questions.</p>

<p>how hard do you have to work? What kind of ECs do they look at? I heard they want an athletic commitment.</p>

<p>Congratulations on the Rhodes, Joe. You are awesome.</p>

<p>ahhh... a TTT</p>

<p>Very nice. Check back tomorrow when the East Coast has a chance to see this.</p>

<p>I note that the Rhodes Scholars all seem to have incredible multiple accomplishments in research and outside the classroom. How can students manage such full loads while keeping up grades? Any pointers?</p>

<p>Did you play sports in college?</p>

<p>How did you enjoy Oxford and is it really different in the focused way the degree programs are compared to American schools? What did you study?</p>

<p>I see you haven't gone and this answers some of my questions:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.umich.edu/%7Eurecord/0405/Nov22_04/rhodes.shtml%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.umich.edu/~urecord/0405/Nov22_04/rhodes.shtml&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Wow Joe, your resume is very impressive, especially that 3.8 at Cal Tech with two majors. Are you giving college admissions advice too, or just Rhodes Scholar advice?</p>

<p>Wow congrats man. I'm definitely hitting you up on AIM.</p>

<p>wait whats a rhodes scholar?</p>

<p>Prestigious scholarship for graduate study...Bill Clinton has one
Rhode scholars = GODLIKE</p>

<p>FYI: Now that I actually am posting on this site, I feel compelled to point out that the above poster was not actually me.</p>

<p>hahah they are two different joes! i think joe is the name to get the rhodes scholar....</p>

<p>I figured it wasn't the REAL joe. After all, would an actual Rhodes Scholar say "'an' Rhodes Scholar"...</p>

<p>Good call. It's also not my AIM... my birthday isn't even in '82, so someone guessed wrong there. ;-)</p>