SAFETY SCHOOLS? POSSIBLE REACH SCHOOl?

<p>I'm an international senior.</p>

<p>I have the highest GPA in my graduating class. However, my school does not rank, so i'm the top 10% (the school uses decile and the graduating class is 48).</p>

<p>I have changed high school twice and my school does not include my sophomore year. so my GPA currently is 3.87 UW. I think if i put my sophomore grade it will be 3.9 sth UW. my sophomore GPA is 3.92 UW.</p>

<p>I'm a korean in a wheelchair. I had an accident in sophomore year. </p>

<p>SAT:
CR:660
M:740
W:600</p>

<p>I'll try to make writing up to 700 and math to 800 .</p>

<p>SAT II:
Math 2: 800
Chem:770</p>

<p>AP:
AP bio:5
AP Chem:5
AP Calc AB :5
AP Macro:5
AP Micro:4</p>

<p>Teacher rec: I think one would be awesome and the other is good.
and the counselor evaluation is awesome.</p>

<p>EC:</p>

<p>Student Council president
Founder of a club that donates wheelchair (donated 47 wheelchairs so far)
Operation Smile member
Science Intern during 10th grade
English teacher at a local school
UNICEF child adoption promoter
Sunday Food drive helper
ECAP teacher
NHS
Robotics
DECA
HOSA
Debate Club - 2nd place in divisional
MUN
Math club </p>

<p>My essays are strong according to my teachers. They all said they are one of the best they have read. </p>

<p>I was in an accident in sophomore year and paralyzed from waist down. I put that part in the essay and elaborated on how I did my best to overcome difficulties.</p>

<p>I have currently applied to princeton university SCEA. I don't know whether i would get in..</p>

<p>I'm thinking to apply to MIT, Princeton, Harvard, Williams, Brown, Swarthmore, haverford, Johns Hopkins.</p>

<p>These are my dream dream schools, but i don't know whether i would get in cuz of my sat scores. my counselor keeps saying that i have a chance because of my special situation, but i don't really think so....</p>

<p>Do you guys think i have a chance to those schools? And do you guys know any safety schools for me? I want to major in neuroscience or biochemistry. :)
Thanks</p>

<p>For an American Student, these SATs would be a bit Low for all or most of the schools you mention. I think you need some matches as well as safeties.</p>

<p>Also, look for schools that do not take the SAT-W into account.</p>

<p>If you have access to the USNWR Survey -- schools ranked 50 or so will probably be matches. And a bit lower than that safeties.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>I mean, SAT scores aren't everything, and you still have a shot. Still, be realistic and realize that if your scores don't put you in the ball park for many of the schools you're applying to that you should probably apply to some more safeties. </p>

<p>If you want to do biochem/neurosci some good safeties (based on your stats and current schools you like) -- try UNC-CH (great for biochem, although, as a duke fan it pains me to say ;). Also, it's a pretty good school and definitely in range with your stats). Also, try the UC schools.</p>