Second chances & some hope offered perhaps?

<p>Can you guys chance me for: UCBerkeley, UCLA, UCDavis & UCIrvine? This is my absolute last chance thread. :P </p>

<p>GPA: Unweighted - 3.98
Weighted - 4.64
UCGPA: 3.9ish
My school only offers one AP course, that could be taken during senior year; it's AP Calculus. I took Dual Enrollment courses in the 12th grade. Before this year, the Dual Enrollment courses were affiliated with Troy University...but didn't seem to offer the challenge that I wanted and were more expensive. So, I waited till the 12th grade to take Dual Enrollment courses from the University of Alabama...I took English 101, and will be taking English 102. </p>

<p>My final grade for the Dual Enrollment English 101 course is 98.</p>

<p>AP Calculus AB: Scores shall be available in May 2012 :P </p>

<p>SAT Scores: 1760
1920 - CR: 610 M: 640 G: 670 Essay: 8
1950 - CR: 540 (>___< i don't know what happened) M: 670 G: 740 E:11
Superscored: 2020 [UC's don't superscore...I am just writing this to make myself feel better :P]</p>

<p>Didn't list my subject exam scores b/c they're not necessary for admission to the UCs, so Im not gonna list them & they're quite pitiful. </p>

<p>ACT Scores: 26 (w/o essay)
23 (Off day) (w/essay - 9)</p>

<p>ECs: Art Club - 2 yrs [b/c it was founded during junior yr]; Group leader's assistant
Piano - 1 yr
Religion school - Scattered throughout 4 years
Robotics Club - 1 year [founded during junior yr; joined during senior b/c i wanted to see how it would turn out]; Head of T-Shirt & Web Design
Friends of Exceptional Children's Club - 1 year [b/c it redeveloped during junior year; wanted to join during the 11th grade, but it was too late since club was full]; President of Art Committee</p>

<p>Awards: Subject Area Awards - English - 9th grade
First place; collage design - Art Competition - 9th grade
Third place - District Art Competition - 11th grade
First place; mixed media - Art Competition - 11th grade
Subject Area Awards - English - 11th grade
[these awards were the ones that I listed on the UC app since there were only room for 5...but I have more and they're all art concentrated]</p>

<p>Work experience: Occasional tutor - 12th grade; in math concepts. My AP Cal teacher offered it to me b/c I was at the highest math course level in our school (one of the few taking AP Cal) and I had experience in the other math courses. </p>

<p>Community service: FEC Club - 3 hours.
After school - 4 hours.
Hospital in 3rd world country - 80 hours.
Daycare - 20 hours. </p>

<p>About my high school: Located in Alabama; I have the highest SAT score in my school (pretty darn sad); small Christian high school; my school isn't an ivy feeder at all; a very few amount of kids take subject exams, but the few that did ranged in the 500-600...I am no exception to that sad fact. </p>

<p>The only things I have going for me: Diversity [Bengali/Muslim kid, hindu step-parents, moved around A LOT in many different states, into the chinese & korean culture]</p>

<p>Essays: 1st one - talked about my diversity and life, and tied it in with my goals.
2nd one - talked about my personal characteristic...arising from failures.
optional essay - explained my lack of ECs & the timing of them.</p>

<p>I also explained my lack of APs & my dual enrollment courses on the app. </p>

<p>I know I don't have the stats to get into Berkeley or LA...maybe even Davis or Irvine...One combination I wish were on my side is time & opportunity. But, I honestly didn't have both. However, I did try my best and took advantage of the most I could...</p>

<p>I got into UAB for health sciences.</p>

<p>I applied to:</p>

<p>Berkeley: Undeclared/Life&Sciences
UCLA: Undeclared/L&S
UCD: Neurobiology; Exercise Biology
UCI: Biological Sciences; Biomedical Engineering</p>

<p>Some say the UCs are worth the debt, some say they aren't. Right now, the issue is not about how much debt i'd go into [money isn't a factor] b/c for me the UCs offer much more than debt...they offer the opportunity that I've never had...the chance to actually be able to somehow be given the same things other students are given and make full use of them...maybe be like a lot of the CCers...also, there are more personal benefits for me if I do get into a lovely university in Cali. </p>

<p>Thanks for even looking at this chance thread. :D</p>

<p>G'day mate.</p>

<p>I think you have a good chance at UCI and UCD :D</p>

<p>Thankk youuu for the encouragement! :D haha</p>

<p>Any more takers? Any form of consolation or criticism would be lovely for a worried soul...</p>