Should I be comfortable in LSU as a safety?

<p>I'm going to end up with a 3.4-3.45 unweighted, a 3.76-3.84 weighted and got 1820 on the SAT's (1230 m+v) plus some good extra curriculars.</p>

<p>Shoud I be Comfortable with LSU or should I perhaps apply to ASU or Michigan state?</p>

<p>Michigan State > LSU > ASU</p>

<p>LSU and ASU are definitely safeties, while MSU is more of a match for you.</p>

<p>You're not far on the SAT from qualifying for consideration of a full-tuition scholarship at LSU.</p>

<p>You're in for sure at ASU and also probably LSU. I would also say that you should get in to MSU.</p>

<p>gadad- Can you post the minimum SAT score for a full tuition scholarship at LSU? I know Oklahoma State will give a 12,500/ year scholarship for OOS students if they have above a 1330 and maintain a 3.0 in college. I don't mean to hijack this thread, I've just been looking for colleges that help cut down on the costs for OOS students.</p>

<p>Here is information on the Golden Oak and Tiger Sholorships for out of state students. </p>

<p>Golden Oaks Awards</p>

<p>Qualifications: </p>

<p>Nonresident students with a combined Critical Reading and Math SAT score of 1330 or a composite ACT score of 30 as well as a 3.0 computed grade point average are eligible to receive this award.
Nonresident students selected as recipients of Chancellor's Alumni, LSU Alumni Association (Top 100), or LSU Distinguished Freshman Awards are eligible to receive this award.
Award: </p>

<p>Exemption from the payment of tuition and nonresident fees.
An opportunity to become a Chancellor's Student Aide and earn up to $6,200 ($1,550 per year) working in a campus job. </p>

<hr>

<p>Tiger Scholars</p>

<p>Qualifications: </p>

<p>Nonresident students with a combined Critical Reading and Math SAT score of 1170 or a composite ACT score of 26 as well as a 3.0 computed grade point average are eligible to receive this award.
Award: </p>

<p>Students with a 26-27 ACT or 1170-1240 combined critical reading and math SAT score and 3.0 GPA will receive half an exemption from the nonresident fee.
Students with a 28-29 ACT or 1250-1320 combines critical reading and math SAT score and a 3.0 computed GPA will receive a full exemption from the nonresident fee. </p>

<p>It looks like the OP would qualify for a Tigar Scholarship waiving half of the out of state fees. </p>

<p>Geaux Tigers</p>