Should I send this SAT2 score?

<p>710 on the physics SAT2. I'm applying for engineering, so physics is obviously a big subject for me. </p>

<p>However, I feel that 710 is not an accurate representation of my abilities in Physics. I had only taken about a quarter of physics when I took the test, and I didn't really know anything about waves, electricity, thermodynamics, and everything that you do later in the year. So, I had a lot of omits.</p>

<p>My question is, if i send in the 710, will colleges notice that I took the test before I even finished the course? Will they take that into consideration? I was actually quite amazed that I scored so high. However, it will still be pretty low compared to other students who are applying for engineering (Carnegie Mellon and Berkeley). They don't require a SAT2 in physics, but should I still send it?</p>

<p>Carnegie Mellon has a requirement of a math and physics/chem sat2 I think... if you have a better chem score, don't send the physics.
However, a score above 700 is impressive. might as well send them in and hope that the colleges will realize you took it after the 1st quarter.
I suggest retaking it in January, if the colleges allow.
Good luck!</p>

<p>Hmmm, could it hurt me in any way? I think it would help if they saw that I had only taken a quarter of physics, but I'm not sure if they'll notice.</p>

<p>Well, the only way it would hurt you is if that everyone else got insane 780s and 790s.
If you could explain in the supplements, explain your situation. However, don't write an extra email to admissions officer. You can have your counselor explain it, but unless you can fit it into your application, don't tell admissions officers yourself. They might not take the news to kindly.
Good luck!</p>

<p>Eh, I already submitted my application. Just not sure if I should send the score...
And for carnegie mellon, I'm sure most applicants do score close to 800.</p>

<p>hmmm... if they require it, send it.
If you have a good grade in physics, it will make up for the not so impressive physics SAT2. Most colleges realize that the scores are curved wierdly anyways. I got the same exact raw score in the 2010 Nov SATI Writing portion and in 2011 Oct, but the first time was an 800 and the 2nd a 760. Unbelievable, but true.</p>

<p>It takes under 10 minutes for admissions to review the average applicant. They don't compare when you took a test with your classes. Don't take an exam until you know the subject matter.</p>

<p>Carnegie only requires 1 SAT2 in a science, and I already sent them my Chem grade which was in the high 700's. Most colleges say that your SAT subject tests can't hurt you, only help you. </p>

<p>Hmm...we'll see. Maybe I'll ask my counselor when we get back from break. Is it ok if I send SAT2 scores after the app deadline?</p>

<p>If you already sent Chem and it's above 750, don't bother with physics.
It might be ok, but definitely not preferred. Colleges expect their applicants to follow the deadline. Teachers and counselor recs have some leeway, but definitely not for us students.</p>

<p>Ah, alright. Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>If anyone else has an opinion, I'd also love to hear it :)</p>

<p>It's completely untrue that SAT IIs can only help and not hurt. Where do you kids come up with these myths? However, the 710 won't keep you out if you have everything else.</p>