Teacher rec question (Common App and Carnegie Mellon)

<p>So, if a school uses the common app but puts up its own teacher rec form on its website, we can still just use the common app one, right? Is there an advantage to doing it any other way?</p>

<p>Also...anyone have any idea whether CM prefers one or two recs? For some reason I cannot pinpoint this information.</p>

<p>(Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, Princeton are the ones I have right now as unique recs; can I make my teacher's life easier and replace these with common app ones?)</p>

<p>Or would it, perhaps, even be disadvantageous to submit the Common App with the school-specific form...?</p>

<p>OK, anyone?</p>

<p>I assume that if you choose to use the common app instead of the college's app, then the teachers reply on the form that you've chosen --- the common. You could show the teachers the college's individual rec form and ask that they reply on the common app but to include answers that address whatever the individual rec form is asking for. </p>

<p>You could also email this question directly to the college admissions offices and let them tell you. It's why they say: please contact us with any questions you have.</p>