Transfer to Texas Tech

<p>I am an civil engineering major currently residing in northern virginia, and I was wondering with a 2.7 gpa and 45 semester credits is Texas Tech the best engineering school I could hope to get into(I was already accepted). Since I have more then 30 credits my high school stats don't matter but here they are anyways, I got only a 980 on my sat's and had a 2.4 gpa, (yeah I know it sucks). Are there any other better schools I overlooked, and if so can someone please list them.</p>

<p>don't most engineering majors have a lowish gpa?
while mit is probably out of your reach, there are other schools in the west I'd try over Texas tech... like UNLV, Cal State Us, UT, and ASU. There are probably a few in the east as well, but I'm not familiar w/ them. The CSUs, while not UC caliber, are not bad and do have pretty good programs. Check them out, because they aren't bad, your gpa fits, and they do not take into account high school records after a certain amount of units.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply, I was considering asu. And as for the cal states I thought tech's program would be better then all of them, except for cal poly.
(Also does UT stand for University of Texas Austin, because I thought that would be out of my reach.)</p>

<p>I think you should always pick one or two reach schools. However, I do think you'll get into TT, as long as you meet their minimum requirement. My roomate transferred there and never did any homework, and he might have been on academic probation (not sure), so it's not that hard to get in.</p>

<p>My advice is you should try upping the standardized test scores, and getting As in as many non-engineering classes to prove you've turned things around. I'm sure it can be much harder to get As in engineering lol. Anywho, try UT or whichever schools you like. They're likely far reaches, but I think someone on here got into the business school last year w/ a GPA close to 3.00 and wasn't even in-state.</p>

<p>Not exactly sure if it applies to Engineering majors, but UT has a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0</p>

<p>Texas Tech has a minimum of 2.3, so you'll be OK.
ASU - 2.0
MIT - 3.5</p>

<p>So you may want to ck with UT and MIT, but I don't think you can apply.</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the information, I just looked it up, but for arizona state it has a 3.0 gpa requirement for engineering so I guess thats out of my range too.</p>

<p>Yeah, so it sounds like you may have been right a/b Texas Tech being your best bet. Good luck!</p>