Is it possible to appeal after this?
I think they have already closed everything.
One door closed, but the other one is opening for you. Go ahead to achieve your educational goal in another prestigious school and I believe you will not feel regretful in the future.
@108Degrees Uh, I when I logged in I just got directed to the empty dashboard that you mentioned – titled “Canvas”. This is where all of your online classes/online discussions will be held.
However, I can’t seem to find a link to Golden Bear Advising. I’ll let you know if I see anything, though.
@aaron497 July 10 I believe is when registration opens?
Major: L&S CS
EC’s: worked programming for startup and economics lab, writing paper with comp eng prof, professional clubs
Applied from another UC.
Reference for future Cal waitlisted students.
When did decisions come out?
- Many decisions came out late June. The "first" wave that accepted many applicants (with some that also happened to be on this thread) have been notified on June 20th, at around 3:50 P.M. P.T. It also seemed as if L&S at the time got accepted, which revealed something important that I will mention for (2).
What pattern can we decipher when determining how UCB accepts students?
- Decisions came out depending on your college and/or major. This varied quite a bit based off of my observation on this thread, but on June 20th, certain L&S majors got accepted while some have not been notified. The following Tuesday – the 27th I believe – more people got accepted. My major was EEP at CNR, but what was odd about this was that decisions released at around 6-7 P.M. P.T. Note that this did not follow the supposed pattern and wave of acceptances that many of us predicted, because we predicted that UCB would release decisions at 4:00 P.M.
Does income affect my chances?
- Don't think that the waitlist is about the University wanting to benefit itself. I read from a Ms. Sun article that being on the waitlist meant that the UC campus completed its class, and at that point would only like to accept UC students if the acceptances would benefit the campus itself. I might be wrong, but I am not necessarily the richest UC applicant, so my acceptance somehow seemed to defy my theory that being rich would increase your chance of getting admitted. Ms. Sun, if you are reading this, please – and really – please feel free to correct me!
What can I do to increase my chance of getting admitted?
- Couldn't think of a great answer, but I really don't know. I don't think anyone here knows. Some people did not write any essay or include grades in their waitlist application, but still got accepted. However, if I were you, write them out and include any grades; might as well, am I right?
Note that just because you submitted a UCB application, does not mean the battle is over. Get great grades and excel even after submitting your UC application – it’s just what UC – no, what ALL college students – can do. I reported some academic honors I received after submitting my application, and I think it gave me a shot at making the waitlist. Striving may also give you a shot in the event you get waitlisted.
Any majors that have better chances?
- I seriously do not know. I feel somewhat bitter for those certain majors – such as math, one of my favorite subjects ever – having a low shot.
Yeah idk, anyone else can add stuff if they would like, but that’s MY info I would like to share. If there is a UCB waitlist thread next year, I would be obliged to input any info.
Major: econ L&S
I was accepted but im having trouble finding a place to live off campus
Can anyone tell me what sites are best and what to look out for?
Any information, hints, or success stories would be greatly appreciated
Thank you! Go Bears!
hi, has anyone got admitted off the waitlist register classes yet?
Has anyone been able to start golden bear advising yet?
Anyone able to access Golden Bear Advising yet?
I got an email this morning saying that for waitlist students golden bear advising will be on in the afternoon oh the 6th and the deadline extended for us till the 8th
Has anyone who got admitted last week have their financial aid awards posted? Mine is saying unavailable, and I can’t get anyone on the phone because they are “experiencing high call volumes”… Also I have not yet withdrawn my SIR at Davis because I’ve been nervous that Berkley may take my place away because I got 2 B’s and 2 A’s in spring, whereas prior to that I had a 3.95 GPA… do you think I will get penalised for not having withdrawn at Davis, or do you think I should be fine?
Hi, folks. I have a question about registration holds that I have posed to my admissions counselor but she has yet to reply. Maybe someone here can answer it. If my Cal Central says there are no active holds but some of my items are overdue (such as one of my transcripts) will I be able to register? I have several items in red but my cal central says “no active holds”. Thanks!!
@dank2018 yeah I did, that was my gpa when I initially applied then with the fall update it went up a little to about a 3.4 and after spring back to a 3.2… like I said my essay must have been fire
Has anyone been offered on-campus housing? I submitted my housing app the day after I was admitted but have not heard anything back.
@sarah38 you should be able to register. A lot of people’s CalCentral portal has not updated yet. Just this morning my portal updated to allow me to put classes into a shopping cart, so I can prepare to register on Monday. If you have a FB, you should join the UCB transfer class of '19 group. A lot of questions get answered fairly quick on there.
On my transcript, there’s a GPA hours, attempt hours, passed hours and then earned hours. Everything but GPA hours is 90. My GPA hours is 89. Does that mean I didn’t do those 90 units?
I am freaking out here.
Anyone knows what happens if igetc isn’t completed? Turns out I need one more course! Im concerned I will no longer be admitted for the fall