UCs/California College Recommendations/Chances

<p>Asian (Chinese)
Female
Instate (CA), however, I lived in Kansas up until senior year, don’t know if this has any effect
No Sports
No Job
Not 1st Generation
No Alumni
Rank - I think 18%-ish (too lazy to find papers), I'm currently in a different school so I don't know what my rank is for this school, ~18% was my rank in Kansas.</p>

<p>Freshman Year
KAYS (Community Service Club)
20 Hours Community Service
Sophomore Year
None
Junior Year
FBLA (Future Business Leader of America)
District - 8th in Business Procedures and Business Calculations and Technology Concepts
State - 3rd in Business Procedures and Business Calculations
25 Hours Community Service
National Honor Society (NHS)</p>

<p>Yeah, my extracurriculars suck.</p>

<p>GPA
Weighted GPA
4.0650</p>

<p>These are some honors/AP courses I've taken (no, these aren't all the courses I've taken)</p>

<p>Honors Geometry
Honors Biology
Sophomore Year
Honors Algebra
Honors CA II
AP European History - 3
Sophomore Chemistry
AP US History - 3
AP CA III - 3
Pre-Calculus/Trig
Advanced Studies in French 4.0</p>

<p>Senior Year
AP Chem
AP Eng. Lit.
AP Calc BC</p>

<p>I'm probably going to apply to these (w/ Riverside or Merced as a safety)
UC Santa Cruz
UC Irvine
UC Davis
UC San Diego
UC Santa Barbara
UC Berkeley
UC Los Angeles</p>

<p>Has anyone had luck with the applying online for the UCs? They postpone it for 5 days and now the server is down or flooded or something.</p>

<p>I'm also comtemplating applying to the following they're all reach-ish (is it worth the effort?)</p>

<p>Harvey Mudd
USC
Stanford
Cal Tech</p>

<p>Any other suggestions (science-ish/general school) ?</p>

<p>SAT I
Critical Reading - 800
Math - 720
Writing - 620
Total - 2140
SAT II
None Yet - I'm thinking Literature, US History, Math IIC, maybe a science, suggestions?</p>

<p>HMC is a bit of a reach (although we need more girls so it may be a match). Anyways, I think you should applying.</p>

<p>Charisma:</p>

<p>UCB/UCLA: Slight Reach
UCSD: Match
UCI/UCD/UCSB: Safe Match
UCSC/UCR/UCM: Safety</p>

<p>UC Berkeley: Slight Reach/Match
UCSD: Match</p>

<p>Your in at all the rest of the UC's. The only part of your stats that worry me for UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD is that you are outside of the top 10% of your high school class. I know UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD have approx 99% of their incomming freshmen class in the top 10% of their high school class.</p>

<p>In at UCs below top 3 and probably USC. No chance CIT with a 720 math but maybe Mudd. No chance Stanford.</p>

<p>In addition to the UCs, I would also apply to USC--you're a match there. I think you have a better shot at Pomona than at Harvey Mudd if you want to try there instead. You are probably still a slight reach to reach. I agree that Stanford and Cal Tech are not likely. That 3.63 UW is what really hurts your chances. </p>

<p>I think you are a match at UCSD/UCI/UCSB/UCD, safe match at UCSC/UCR, safety at UCM, but a slight reach at UCLA and a reach at UC Berkeley.</p>

<p>As you point out--you are No Sports, No Job, Not 1st Generation, and have a Rank of top 18%--all of which works against you. Still you are going to get accepted to a lot of great UC campuses--so don't sweat it.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the replies, my rank at my new school is probably going to be closer to 11-12% (my transcript still isn't in yet, though). I tried a practice test for SAT 2 Literature and got a 680, how good/bad of a score is this?</p>

<p>According the UC website I only calculate academic classes, does that mean that I don't calculate computer classes/psychology/language classes/business classes? </p>

<p>While I'm technically instate, both these years were in Kansas, so how do I figure out whether the honors classes count or not?</p>

<p>On the A-G requirements it says that I needed a year long course in the arts and my school didn't offer any year long classes in the arts (except for AP)</p>

<p>Sorry for all the questions</p>

<p>Sophomore Year
Honors Algebra - B/A
Honors CA II - B/B
AP European History - 3, B/A
Sophomore Chemistry - A/A
Intro to Comp. Prog. in Basic - A
Drawing - B
Business Principles and Concepts - A
Clothing I - A
French 3.5 - A/B</p>

<p>Junior Year
AP US History - 3, B/B
AP CA III - 3, A/A
Pre-Calculus/Trig - A/A
Advanced Studies in French 4.0 - B/B
Psych - A
Physics - A/A
Health and Wellness - A
Advanced Computer Prog. in Basic - A
Jewelry - A</p>

<p>I got a 3.95 weight (with 8 sem cap) but I don't know if that's right, can I get a second opinion?</p>

<p>Oh and I took the USH SAT II practice test and got a 640 (though I rushed through it in 30 min.) How bady would this hurt me?</p>