UMTYMP student, need tips and chances!

<p>Hi all I am new here and I have a few questions about what my chances are for the top business schools. I dream of going to Wharton at The University of Pennsylvania. I have heard that ED is the best way to go. anyways...</p>

<p>I am a current Sophomore at my public high school and my academic stats are as follows:</p>

<p>Freshman Year: (AP not allowed to take, also HP is basically honors; also my school has trimesters, not semesters)</p>

<p>all A's-HP Social Studies
all A's-HP English
all A's-HP Physical Science
all A's-spanish 1
all A's-Choir (I need a music credit grades 9-12 and I wanted to get it over with)
*UMTYMP Math Analysis/Geomety
For those not familiar with UMTYMP, it is a program offered at the University of Minnesota for youth excelling in mathematics. I have gotten a B or B+ in all years prior to UMTYMP calculus 1 (which I am taking currently)</p>

<p>Sophomore year so far (unweighted, weighted)
APUSH B+,A-
AP Stats A-,A
HP Biology A-
English 10 A-
Spanish 2 A
UMTYMP Calc 1 B in college , A on HS transcript</p>

<p>unweighted GPA on my transcript (With UMTYMP) is 3.66, weighted is like a 3.7</p>

<p>Next year's Junior courses I plan on taking:</p>

<p>AP Chem
AP English Language
AP world
AP Micro
AP macro
UMTYP Calc 2
Spanish 3
I figure I can get at least a 3.7 unweighted GPA for my Junior Year</p>

<p>I plan on taking 3-5 more AP senior year and graduate with a 3.75unweighted, 3.8 weighted (including UMTYMP)</p>

<p>Anybody have any must have/ recommended AP's that I should definitely have on my transcript when applying to colleges? Also any former UMTYMP students think it is best to leave my (low) UMTYMP grades on my transcript or take them off and therefore dramatically increasing my GPA and class rank?</p>

<p>I do not have any current test scores but I will most likely take an ACT this summer...</p>

<p>Activities: Tutoring at school, Tennis (lettered), and Math team (lettered)... also my freshman year I placed in a Math competition but I'm not sure if that has an advantage in applying anywhere. I'm fairly athletic but I want more community service-like activities that I can put on an app.</p>

<p>And the main question I guess is do I have an above average chance at getting into Wharton?</p>

<p>Thanks so much, if you need anymore info please ask below! :)</p>

<p>Well your GPA is below average so try to raise it as high as you can this year and next. Aim for a 2200+/32+ on your tests and you may have a shot academically. Your ECs are pretty bland so try to take on more leadership positions and join clubs pertaining to your interests or potential major too.</p>

<p>My thread (chance please): <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1610985-chances-for-vanderbilt-unc-nyu-uf-and-duke-p1.html”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1610985-chances-for-vanderbilt-unc-nyu-uf-and-duke-p1.html</a> </p>