What are my chances at getting into UC's?

<p>1870 sat, 29 act (but i wasnt used to the time, and didn't study, and skipped quite probably 15-20 questions in the entire test, planning to re-take and hopefully get a 32 or so), gpa is probably like 3.3ish cumulative. 6 extra credit classes in sophmore/junior year combined. around 200 volunteer hours, from volunteering at cedar sinai and ucla hospitals. looking to get into ucsb, or ucsd, and any other nice college with dorms and not too far from home (LA).</p>

<p>Have you tried this? <a href="http://www.cupertinodaycare.com/uccalculator.php%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.cupertinodaycare.com/uccalculator.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>thanks, seems like i have a 50ish percent chance at ucsb, and 30ish at ucsd :/</p>

<p>The UCs are ALL about numbers and, given your SAT score and GPA, I don't think you have the numbers for UCSD or UCSB. These are two very competitive UCs that sit right beneath Cal and UCLA. Sometimes, I don't think people realize how hard the two are to get into.</p>

<p>Your weakest thing here is the GPA. What are you ECs? What AP classes have you taken? This will help people see your chances at private California schools.</p>

<p>If you're only looking at UCs:
UCR - acceptance
UCI - probable rejection
UCSC - probable rejection
UCD - probable rejection
UCM - acceptance
UCLA/UCB/UCSB/UCSD - rejection</p>

<p>You have a better chances at some of the Cal States and maybe Cal Poly Pomona if you're not applying for the sciences. (Cal State LA, Cal State Northridge, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, San Diego State, Cal State Dominguez Hills)</p>

<p>I think it is in your best interest to retake the SAT and STUDY this time and DO NOT SKIP QUESTIONS. Do flashcards, have a friend who did well on the test tutor you, drill yourself on math formulas, etc. If you raise your SAT to even a 1950, your chances will improve.</p>

<p>Some California private schools you should consider looking at and seeing if you can meet their average scores:</p>

<p>Loyola Marymount
Pepperdine
Occidental
University of San Francisco
Santa Clara University</p>