News Editor (11)</p>

<p>Math Team 9,10,11,12 5/35
Governing Board (11,12)</p>

<p>Debate Team 9,10,11,12 3/30
Varsity Debater (11,12)</p>

<p>Tennis 9-12
JV (9,10), not able to play during 11,12</p>

<p>Awards:
As News editor, newspaper recieved perfect score for my section in national competition (1st time in school history)</p>

<p>Math Team State: been in top 6 individual in state since 9th grade (</p>

<p>Debate Team State: Top 16 JV, Varsity, qualified for state (unable to attend due to personal reasons)</p>

<p>Poetry.com (Editor’s Choice Award), published in anthology</p>

<p>National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist
Bunch of other awards - smaller stuff, I guess (school related)</p>

<p>Community Service:
Webdesign/fundraising for org in India</p>

<p>Hospital
Volunteer</p>

<p>Senate Campaign
Volunteer</p>

<p>Summer/Special experiences:
Worked as a research assistant at prestigious university of the summer (invited back after excellent performance in a lab-biology course during previous year)
- contributed to a research paper, to be published soon (my name = 3rd/4th author or at least acknowledged)</p>

<p>Wrote a program, exhibited at year end exposition organized by school.</p>

<p>Recs:
Getting an awesome recs from newspaper advisor (english teacher), lab prof, quite good from science teacher.</p>

<p>Scores:
AP scores in brackets of class..
1550 SAT
34 ACT (1 point away from 35)
800 Math IIC, 780 writing, 730 physics</p>

<p>Courses:
9th grade:
Accelerated Algebra 2, Accelerated English, Accelerated Biology, World History, French 2, Gifted</p>

<p>10th grade:
Trigonometry/AP Calculus A, AP Computer Science (3, might get rescored...), Accelerated English 2, Accelerated Chemistry, AP US History (5), French 3, Gifted</p>

<p>11th grade:
AP Calculus BC (5), AP Statistics (5), Accelerated English 3, AP Physics B (5), AP Macroeconomics (5), AP US Government/Politics (4), French</p>

<p>12th grade:
All AP: English Literature/Composition, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, French
Practical Physics honors (above AP)</p>

<p>Multivariable calculus at community college.</p>

<p>Unweigted GPA: 3.98-3.99? (1 total B+ in high school... teacher may explain why [silly reason, actually]) rank: ?/720 (not indicated...)</p>

<p>Weighted GPA: 4.7-4.9? rank: 4/720. Would be 1 except for B+.</p>

<p>What are my chances? Sorry, I know it's a lot of text... but please help.. if you need to clarify something before making decision, please ask me.. any help would be grately appreciated.</p>

<p>Edit: applying to following schools: stanford, harvard, mit, yale, duke, northwestern, university of chicago, washington university, UIUC (bioengineering), carnegie mellon, caltech</p>

<p>Edit 2: I can speak 2 Indian languages fluently (and I can read/write 1 of them fluently).</p>

<p>heh, bump?</p>

<p>anyone have any ideas?</p>

<p>I'm jealous.</p>

<p>Personally, I don't see how anyone could reject you... unless you write your essay about how you hate people or something.</p>

<p>Where do you live btw?</p>

<p>jealous?
I was jealous of you :)... state championships galore + great scores + EC's
I live in Illinois, btw</p>

<p>Thanks for commenting!</p>

<p>Anyone else have any ideas?</p>

<p>If you didn't get into the majority of the listed colleges, something is wrong with 1) our world and 2) those colleges. However, I'm not sure about Yale, Harvard, Caltech, and MIT since they're really selective. But, from the people I know who were accepted into those 4 schools (about 10 people), they all had similar statistics; you have a really good chance.</p>

<p>thanks for the inputs!</p>

<p>VERY good chances, but still the admission to super competitive schools (and ESPECIALLY stanford) is kinda random, so i donno</p>

<p>stanford-70% chance
harvard-40% chance
mit-70% chance
yale-50% chance
duke-80% chance
northwestern-80% chance
university of chicago-80% chance
washington university-80% chance
UIUC (bioengineering)-100% chance
carnegie mellon-95% chance
caltech- 70% chance</p>

<p>thanks a lot for the inputs guys!
neelesh - thanks for the breakdown. that really helps :)
paul - that's what i'm afraid of... I dunno why they accept certain people, deny some people (ie one of my friends had perfect act, sat, sat II scores, editor-in-chief of newspaper and still got rejected by stanford... but got into harvard...)</p>

<p>wow your ECs are amazing...so is everything else. im applying to stanford RD too...i wish my stats were as good as yours; you have a lot better chance than i. good luck to the both of us!</p>

<p>god luck - and lol you're better than me :) looked at your stuff!</p>

<p>I am a junior now at a Stanford Calibre school. You are in the running. Although there are a few deluded people who think they can get in with a 1400 and average other elements, most real candidates have scores like yours. After that it comes down to what else you have, how you present yourself and the whim of the committee. My advice is not to set your heart on any one very top school. With scores like yours you should apply to several and hope for one.</p>

<p>Hey, where do you go to school in Illinois? HF? Just curious... I'm from IL too.</p>

<p>mhawk u go to Homewood Flossmoor?</p>

<p>I don't think these colleges deserve to have students like you.</p>

<p>sorry but I don't understand? Why don't they deserve students like me? Hehe, i guess I'm slow, but is that good or bad?</p>

<p>Thanks for the inputs, btw, people.</p>

<p>i assume it's good</p>

<p>are you a guy or a girl?</p>

<p>guy
60 characters or words or whatever.</p>