what are my chances of getiing in top universities. PLEASE ADVICE!!

<p>I am from Tanzania. i completed my high school at mzumbe secondary school, its ranked no 1 in the country for A-Level(grade 11 and 12). Since 2001-present it has taken the top notch in the country. In physics since 1998-present it has stood first in the country. Tanzanian level of education is very high compared to others. we study high level of mathematics and physics, we solve big books like </p>

<p>UNIVERSITY PHYSICS, NELCON, MUNCASTER, ADVANCE LEVEL PHYSICS, PURE AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS(C.J TRANTER), PURE MATHEMATICS 1 AND 2 e.t.c</p>

<p>Since i come from a public school, we dont have anything like SAT'S and we have limited resources to study. </p>

<p>I am in top 10% of my class and my G.P.A is 3.5/4.0, I took my SAT in october 2005. the results were as follow</p>

<p>maths:680 critical reading:480 writing:510
TOEFL: 247 computer based
I am even sending my school papers, the kind of questions we solve and school profile. I hope the universities will find it useful.</p>

<p>I have done extracurrricular activities and summer activites too.</p>

<p>But if i would have taken second time, i am sure my score would be much higher than this. My score does not mean that i am not good in studies and extracurricular activities But i dont have time, in november iam sitting for my SAT2, i hope to get gud score.</p>

<p>I am applying to following universities
CALTECH, MIT, HARVARD, PRINCETON, YALE, WILLIAMS COLLEGE. LEHIGH, LAFFAYETTE, DRAKES, DUKE, CORNELL and INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF BREMEN.</p>

<p>What are my chances of getting in any of these universities. Please mention the name of any of these universities which i can get admission</p>

<p>PLEASE ADVICE!!</p>

<p>i dont mean to be harsh, but caltech, mit, harvard, princeton, yale, williams, duke, and cornell are all unrealistic reaches</p>

<p>Sorry, I agree with the poster above. You should be able to get into the others, however.</p>

<p>yeah i agreee 0 chance for the elite ones.</p>

<p>You can't get into most of the schools on your list, perhaps Lehigh or Lafayette but even those you only have a decent chance. I'd suggest improving your SAT score if you can.</p>

<p>Your chances are slim for most of the schools on your list. If you want info about how you compare to their applicants, look on the colleges' admissions pages. Usually they have a "class profile" section that tells you the average scores and gpa for their freshmen classes.</p>

<p>If $ is an issue, also check what the college says about aid for international applicants. Many American colleges offer no financial assistance to international students. Most of the colleges that are generous with internationals also are some of the most difficult colleges to gain entrance to in this country.</p>

<p>Many US colleges also have harder admission standards for internationals than for US citizens.</p>

<p>wont they consider my SAT 2 score which i did in may were i got
maths 2c- 750,
physics - 760
chemistry- 750</p>

<p>and my native language is not english.</p>

<p>and also our level of education is very high, and i come from the best school in the country.</p>

<p>
[quote]
and my native language is not english.

[/quote]
it doesn't excuse your low score at the elites. my score was 700 and 680, i took teh SATs when i had a-level exams. and i don't think i even stand a chance at those.

[quote]
and also our level of education is very high, and i come from the best school in the country.

[/quote]
it's what you do with what is given that counts.</p>

<p>I feel u ppl hav been quite harsh.. </p>

<p>Yes.. chances are smil and near to zero but U shud remodel ur list ....retake ur sat if u can for a better score..
Also Sat 2 scores are not that gr8 ..coz ppl at these elite top school get 2300 + in three tests ..
I think it was somewhere mentioned that u had higher level studies ..but then sat2 results doesnt reflect that ...</p>

<p>Try making ur list again ....also See other students my chances threads.. to assesss ur relative standings</p>

<p>Colleges and Univss also have their quota of admission from each country ..not disclosed though... This may give u an advantage... </p>

<p>Infact they consider diversity very imp and willinglytake in ppl frm Under-represented countries showing potential and strength ..</p>

<p>SO u gain Bonus Points for ur citizenship</p>

<p>BUt still Chances slimmest to near zero</p>

<p>better be harsh than let the OP stuck with no schools OP likes next year.</p>

<p>Ya.. absolutely right but that depends frm person's adaptiveness to accepting facts.. i feel this person just never knew the pool of applicants for these top univs.. which he will get to know pretty soon at CC</p>

<p>which other universities i stand good chance for admission apart from the universities in my list, which even has generous financial aid for international applicants</p>

<p>Sorry, I don't know much about college admissions for internationals, but you might be able to get some good feedback on the international students forum. Good luck!</p>

<p>well i applaud you for asking questions here, it means you are doing your research and not applying blindly. this may be your first time encountering such stats. so i apologise if i was harsh and offended you. :)</p>

<p>its ok banedon no problem, i dont think so if you used any harsh words. You were giving your opinions, so its ok.</p>

<p>its ok banedon no problem, i dont think so if you used any harsh words. You were giving your opinions, so its ok. Thank you very for replying and taking interest in my post</p>

<p>which other universities i stand good chance for admission apart from the universities in my list, which even has generous financial aid for international applicants</p>

<p>cant asnwer your last question. try posting in the parent's forum. there're some awesome posters like carolyn who'll point you to the right direction.</p>

<p>glad to help a new CC member. :)</p>