What could happen if I don't say that I've studied in another college before?

<p>Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, and I wanted to ask as my first question, what could happen if I by instance, don't say in my college application that I've studied in another college before? You see, I have 14 college credit hours(Most colleges require 24 credit hours) a 3.57 GPA and 7 W's(I don't know if this is bad or not) in my record.
I want to start fresh. Is there anything wrong with this?</p>

<p>I think lots of colleges would make you apply as a transfer if you've attended college after high school and got more than 12 credits. Check with colleges to find out.</p>

<p>If colleges find out that you lied on your application by not mentioning that you'd attended college, they could rescind your admission or even your degree.</p>

<p>Wow that's harsh. But what about my 7 W's (I do have an explanation)I lost one semester because I needed surgery, so I had to withdraw from every class. Does this affect me in transfering?</p>

<p>Ask colleges. You can do so anonymously. I imagine that your explanation -- surgery -- will keep them from viewing you as a transfer, but ask them to make sure. I hope you've recovered now, and I wish you luck with your applications.</p>

<p>thanks for the advice :D</p>

<p>Whenever you apply for admission at any accredited college or university, you need to provide official transcripts from every other accredited college or university that you have attended. The bad news is that this means you have to keep track of every place you ever took a credit course "just for fun" for the rest of your life. The good news is that just about any place that you will apply to has seen academic records even messier than yours, and that just about every admissions officer will know how to interpret your record.</p>

<p>Any school that will not admit you because you have a semester of Ws for medical reasons, is a place that you don't want to study at.</p>

<p>Thanks happymomof1</p>