What is this song??

<p>Kind of random and maybe off topic, but I figured if anyone knew, I'd be you guys.</p>

<p>I heard this girl on youtube sing this song possibly called, "out of love," or "fall out of love." It's absolutely gorgeous. Some lyrics I remember are, "go to a bar and kiss boys I don't know." (my favorite part)</p>

<p>Anyways, I think this would be a great song for me and I've been searching all over trying to figure out it's name, and what show it is from, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Please help if possible.
:)</p>

<p>I have NO IDEA what song you mean but I searched around....could it be this one?:</p>

<p>FALLING OUT OF LOVE CAN BE FUN from Miss Liberty:</p>

<p>Crocodile tears will not be shed
They're not for a lady like I'm
I can recall what my aunt said
When she married for the twentieth time</p>

<p>Falling out of love can be fun
After love is over and done
It's an awful blow and although it's upsetting
So much you can do while you're forgetting
Falling out of love can be fun</p>

<p>When you've find your lover has gone
Get your second wind and go on
There's an old affair that is there for renewing
In your grief, do you know what you're doing?

<p>Soon, you'll be swinging in a hammock on a porch
One arm wrapped around someone else
The other arm carrying a torch</p>

<p>Love can give a lady a clout
And she may be down but not out
Get yourself a date, don't you wait for the count of ten, then
Falling out of love can be falling in love again</p>

<p>[2]
Falling out of love can be fun
Someone else can soon be the one
By another name, he's the same as his brother
Close your eyes and one is like the other

<p>When he goes before you have wed
And the stork is over your head
Soon you're gonna be with a she or a laddie
Smile as you go shopping for a daddy

<p>Soon, you'll be losing all your troubles and your fears
One eye winking at someone else
The other eye filling up with tears</p>

<p>When you find your lovin' romance
Gets a sudden kick in the pants
Get yourself surrounded and bounded with lots of men, then
Falling out of love can be falling in love again</p>

<hr>

<p>***Alas, there are no lyrics about kissing boys in bars!</p>

<p>The song is "When You Fall Out Of Love" by Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich. It's not from a show, it's a cabaret song. They have a songbook available, but unfortunately, this song's not in the book - you have to get the music from someone who has it or get it transcribed. But they have other great songs in the book, esp. for cabarets and talent shows, including "Taylor, the Latte Boy."
<a href="http://www.goldrichandheisler.com/songbook.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.goldrichandheisler.com/songbook.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>My d sang it in a voice lab and it is also on youtube--maybe you saw her singing it? She's a Soph MT at CMU-----pm me and I'll put her in touch with you.</p>

<p>Ah...the wonders of CC....in no time at all...you've got your song...someone who has it....a small world!</p>

<p>ShowBizKidz...your daughter is a terrific singer! :D</p>

<p>no it's goldrich and heisler....and ryah from CMU, she's amazing!</p>

<p>oh yeah and the song is def in the book, I have it!</p>

<p>DramaLady - </p>

<p>You're right, it IS in the book! I have looked at the book many times trying to find that song, but somehow I missed that it's listed under "Out Of Love". It's terrible to get old! :)</p>

<p>Wow! Such responses. Thank you guys much!</p>

<p>And your d is wonderful. I must say quite inspirational to me. </p>

<p>I really am disliking it at this state school for my own personal reasons. (but the MT department is wonderful.) I really hope to be selected at one of my other choices, but I'm not sure it will happen due to my dancing ability. I can dance and pick up choreography and look happy and enthusiastic, but I have no technique. I'm still gonna go out there adn work it, no doubt, but I wish I had made this choice earlier in my life to take dance.</p>

<p>poppr...it is never too late to take dance. Does your school have any dance electives you can take? If that doesn't work or it is too late as the semester has begun...I don't know where your school is located but is there a dance studio nearby? Taking one ballet class would at least give you some basic technique. Sometimes in BFA auditions, one of the three areas (singing, dance, acting) can be weaker as long as there is some potential and while that usually can't be the voice, sometimes it is dance and I have known non dancers who have gotten into BFA programs but they may have done a little dance here and there but wouldn't be considered trained. By the same token, it is more ideal to be trained and skilled at all three areas. But I think if you can move and if you can take ballet to learn basic technique, it will help you. Another thing to remember is that they are looking also at stage presence. Technique is important but there are some who have technique who don't "perform" well. So, use the dance audition to also demonstrate your performance skills.</p>

<p>My d didn't have any dance training either, but like you, she could do that "happy and enthusiastic" thing. She was also very concerned about the dance audition component and lamented the fact that she had never taken any dance classes. It wouldn't hurt to enroll in a ballet class and then just concentrate on those areas that you are great in. Actually, she didn't find the dancing audition that hard and she seemed to be able to follow it. In fact, this year she made Advanced Tap (mmm...she was really surprised by that!)
So..bottom line....don't worry and obsess over it---you'll do just fine!!! (If you want to write her, just PM me and I'll give you her e-mail, ok?)</p>

<p>Hey thanks for all the comments. Much appreciated. </p>

<p>I really don't want to bother your daughter. Maybe if I happen to get into CMU, it would be nice to get in touch. We'll see. </p>

<p>Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>DEFINITELY take some beginning jazz or ballet classes-they help a ridiculous amount...it's just really nice to know the basics when you're going in, you know?</p>