Where does a kid who takes 9 AP classes but only gets B's in them fit in?

<p>I like to challenge myself, but it doesn't always mean I'm up for the challenge.
Im a junior and so far i've taken 4 AP classes and plan to take 5 next year. I like to think I do pretty well in them, usually averaging a B or B+ with maybe an A here or there, but when I look around CC looking for kids that maybe I could relate to and find schools I might be qualified enough for, my grades always come short. </p>

<p>So my question is, where can a kid like me fit in? I'm just not sure where to start looking. I know the Ivies are out of my league and the schools I get letters from are from schools I probably wont want to go to. My GPA will probably be around 3.8 weighted (not far off from unweighted i believe), and my SAT score hovering around the 2000-2100 range. When it comes to extracurriculars, I think i do pretty good too. I'm involved in pretty much everything my school has to offer and most of them at the highest level (president, club founder, honor societies) and I believe I'm good enough to run track in college for a school that's competitive as let's say the ivies. </p>

<p>Thanks to anyone willing to help, I really need it</p>

<p>When you spend too much time on CC, you come to believe that everyone has perfect grades and perfect scores, which just is not reality. There are lots of colleges that will be happy to have you as a student.</p>

<p>What she said. And even lots that would give you merit money.
[quote]
the schools I get letters from are from schools I probably wont want to go to.

[/quote]
Don't write them off so quickly - they aren't going to waste money on people who'd never go there. There are a pile of bright, ambitious kids at all of them.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Good lord, you have the grades and test scores to be admitted at 100's of great schools. My son has similar stats.</p>

<p>University of Minnesota
Indiana
Iowa
Wisconsin
Alabama
Tulane
Denver</p>

<p>Smaller universities but good values...
Creighton
Bradley
Elon
College of Charleston</p>

<p>What region are you interested in? What major? Budget?</p>

<p>The list goes on and on.</p>

<p>Fordham would love to have you, I am sure. Outstanding university, gorgeous campus and tremendous transforming experience in a premier Jesuit institution in the United States. </p>

<p>They will be Top50 this year.</p>

<p>@haystack the budget isn't really a problem at all because of financial aid and im positive i have money in my family willing to help. As for region, probably want to stick to the northeast new england area but as far south as maybe maryland or even virginia.</p>

<p>For majors or possible careers all i know is that I want to go to a great business school. I really think economics is cool so maybe something along those lines? But i also love english.. and engineering may even be an option! I really don't know but options and strengths in those areas would be perfect. </p>

<p>@soverigndebt, I have heard of fordham but I live pretty close to the city and have ruled out NYC as a option, it would just be too expensive and too close to live there for me. thanks a ton though</p>

<p>Thanks so much for helping guys, keep the suggestions coming!</p>

<p>Mixed message here...</p>

<p>"the budget isn't really a problem at all because of financial aid and im positive i have money in my family willing to help." ...then...</p>

<p>"I have heard of fordham... and have ruled out NYC ... , it would just be too expensive"</p>

<p>I don't understand.</p>

<p>You need to do the following:</p>

<ol>
<li>Calculate your family's EFC (estimated family contribution) using one of the many online calculators.</li>
<li>Determine what your family can afford to pay each year in cash. Not what you think they can pay, but what they are actually willing to pay.</li>
<li>Determine how much borrowing the family and the student is comfortable with.</li>
<li>Become friends with each school's net price calculator.</li>
<li>Run the NPC with your data before you put that school on your list. Only put those on the list that you are pretty sure you can afford. </li>
<li>Very few schools meet your full need, especially without loans.</li>
<li>Receiving financial aid from a school does not always make it affordable.</li>
</ol>

<p>the budget isn't really a problem at all **because of financial aid *.*</p>

<p>You can NOT assume that budget won't be a problem because of "financial aid" because most schools don't give much financial aid. </p>

<p>the schools that give the best financial aid usually don't like seeing a lot of B's on report cards....because those schools are the hardest to get into and you often have to have a high ranking (high GPA) to get accepted.</p>

<p>and im positive i have money in my family willing to help</p>

<p>You need to get clarification on this. </p>

<p>If you're expecting that extended family members will help with college, you need to get confiramation as to how much they'll give you EACH year. College is expensive, and typically extended family members aren't a source for large amounts of cash EACH year. You need to be able to count of that money EACH year! If you have a relative that will give you $5-10k each year, then that still won't be much when a school costs $55k per year.</p>

<p>*Determine what your family can afford to pay each year in cash. Not what you think they can pay, but what they are actually willing to pay.
*</p>

<p>^^^ This!</p>

<p>And get confirmation from all paying adults. Don't just get a number from one parent, your other parent may have a different opinion. </p>

<p>And, don't assume that extended family will pay for your college costs. Some may chip in some money for all 4 years, some may only be able to do it one or two years, and some may not be able to contribute at all. And, some may not have any idea of how expensive college is. </p>

<p>I remember the post from the student whose grandma had assured him that she had a college fund to pay for all of his college costs. When he finally was given the college fund, it only contained a few thousand dollars. Granny had no idea that college costs had risen so much.</p>

<p>Get firm info.</p>

<p>OKAY WHATEVER SORRY just exclude budget financial aid whatever, I have talked to my parents and money is not a concern at all we've put 2 older siblings through college both with 40,000+ a year tuitions</p>

<p>I know money is a huge part of the college making decision but all i'm asking for are some recommendations based on my profile. Thank you for your concern but as for right now I'm looking for schools with all the tuition doors wide open.</p>