Which Finance major?

<p>Would majoring in something like Finance with a concentration in Corporate Finance or Finance with a concentration in Risk Management Insurance be more beneficial? I like the idea of working in the Risk Management field, but I also like the business aspect of being able to travel and meeting new people. Which field would lead to more opportunities to move up? (i.e.; VP, CEO) Also, what certifications are needed to help my job opportunities. I only know of FRM and PRM for Risk Management, and CFA for finance.</p>

<p>Fastest way to move up is through investment banking or consulting.</p>

<p>I can't really comment on the concentrations. You should do some internships that will help you decide.</p>

<p>Thanks for your input. However I am not interested in investment banking. Any other input?</p>

<p>Bump10 char</p>

<p>Bump. I'm leaning more towards finance with a concentration in risk management. Can anyone with experience in corporate finance give me some input on the actual field itself?</p>

<p>I don't work in corporate finance, but you're truly over-thinking this. Your concentration just doesn't matter. So long as you've taken the relevant coursework, no one will even care what your concentration is.</p>

<p>It depends. If you're at a school that offers a generic "Business Administration" major and have to choose a specific concentration, then it's night and day. </p>

<p>However, if you're actually majoring in finance then yeah, it doesn't matter. A sub-concentration in risk management is what, 2-3 classes? Maybe I'm wrong.</p>