Will a 4.0 mid-year significantly boost a wretched junior year?

<p>Hey. So basically, my junior year sucked. For the first two years of high school, I had a 3.98, and at the end of junior year, my GPA went down to a still relatively respectable 3.75.</p>

<p>However, that was a result of slacking and partying and going out too much with a smidgen of mental problems that did nothing help :) </p>

<p>But. I dunno, if I really try, I think I could get straight A's. I'm not really a fan of getting grades for grades but this may be the exception.</p>

<p>The schools I'm applying to are:
1. Cornell ED (though I'm unsure about the ED if I want to do the good mid-year thing)
2. Vassar
3. Reed
4. Yale
5. Chicago
6. Colby
7. Williams</p>

<p>These are my reaches/high matches haha dun worry, I have safeties. </p>

<p>Thanks a bunch for your time.</p>

<p>Your GPA is still quite high. Don't worry.</p>

<p>You had roughly a 3.3 Jr. Year? A 4.0 first semester senior year will show that the Junior Year was somewhat of an aberration.</p>

<p>3.28, nice calculations :)</p>

<p>I truly hope so. Thanks. I mean, I know it's not going to overlook it a whole lot, but still.</p>

<p>bump..................</p>

<p>If you can nail a 4.0 this first semester, you GPA jumps back to 3.79. Very respectable!</p>

<p>I have a similar question actually, will colleges still view your grades as having "downward trend" even if your senior year grades are tops? My junior year GPA was slightly lower than my cumulative GPA (3.7 got brought down to a 3.6, all of my grades were actually the same except I screwed up in math), can I still avoid th downward trend look with a good senior year first semester?</p>

<p>The only thing is that my school doesn't count senior year grades in our GPA. We don't have semester grades, only full year ones. But I wish!</p>

<p>askjeeves: Hopefully. Haha, if so, my trend is totally all over the place.</p>