Will a top-2 LAC rescind my acceptance because of 2nd sem grades or a citation?

<p>I just received a fare evasion citation. Before anyone tells me that non-payers deserve to be penalized, I'd been put in a situation where I could not have paid. I explained that the driver of the crowded train opened the front door, said he wasn't giving out transfers, and motioned for us to get on through the back, but the officer didn't seem to care.</p>

<p>The public transportation system here has gotten outrageously strict in upholding its citations for revenue-raising purposes. I'm just a little worried that if I'm not successful in contending the citation, my admission to a top 3 LAC will be rescinded.</p>

<p>By the way, does anyone know if fare evasion citations go on people's permanent records? Do I need to be worrying about future employment opportunities?</p>

<p>My recent grades have not been great either. My overall high school GPA was in the 3.8 range, and my fall semester GPA was a 4.0. This past semester, it was a 3.33 (one C, two Bs, two As-three, including my TA period).</p>

<p>I'd really appreciate if someone could help alleviate my worries. If that isn't possible, a clear explanation of what I should expect/do now would also be helpful. Sorry if this post makes me appear to be a terrible person! I am actually not.</p>

<p>Try calling admissions.</p>

<p>I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but where did you receive the fare evasion citation?</p>

<p>If it's in California, it's an infraction, which is technically not a "crime." Hence, you aren't required to report it to colleges.</p>

<p>Now, if it's some other state where it's a misdemeanor or above (usually, they'll have to book you at the police station), you're innocent until proven guilty. That means that you don't have to report anything until you either plead guilty or are found guilty. If I were you, I'd just drag out the case. Chances are, the police officer isn't going to show up, and if you explain it to the judge, it's likely to be dismissed.</p>

<p>Now, if it's the type where you don't have the option of going to court, then it's technically a "civil issue" and you're under no obligation to report it at all. Real citations will at least have a court date and a signature where you promise to appear.</p>

<p>This is actually entertaining. But anyway, my classmate went to a fare-evasion hearing at court just for the heck of it, and won! You can do that too and win! You can prolong the issue to late August because it takes a while for your court date to arrive. Meanwhile you can write a letter to your college about the awful officer who recklessly accused you. Then come August update your college about the issue, laugh it off, and hope nothing will happen (which probably won't really be anything). YAY.</p>