Will being Jewish help me get into Boston College?

<p>Try taking the SAT or increase your ACT by a minimum of ONE point. Being Jewish won't help you and it won't hurt you. You won't be the first Jew to attend and you wouldn't be the last. You're sitting on the fence right now and it could go either way.</p>

<p>"Unless being Jewish has put you in some sort of disadvantage in life...then that will help you"</p>

<p>I don't see the purpose of your post besides to create false notions.</p>

<p>Being Jewish will neither help nor hurt you.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Being Jewish will neither help nor hurt you.

[/quote]

I concur....</p>

<p>Why were you under the impression that being Jewish (though you say you go to a church more than a temple...) would assist you in admissions, particularly at a Catholic school?</p>

<p>And if your parents are split, which religion do you follow? You go to Church more, so does that mean you're actually Catholic?</p>

<p>Hey, I hate go enforce stereotypes...but being Jewish won't help you at all. It is true that they are a Catholic school, but your status as a non-christian shouldn't hurt you. Another thing about BC...I heard that while most colleges look for diversity, BC tends to be more...white and upper class. I think what would help someone out the most while applying to BC...is not being either of these.</p>

<p>Please chance me!
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/974270-chance-me-i-will-name-my-first-born-child-after-you-chance-you-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/974270-chance-me-i-will-name-my-first-born-child-after-you-chance-you-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>
[quote]
I don't see the purpose of your post besides to create false notions.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I meant it in the sense that if being Jewish has posed challenges in his life, it could call for a compelling essay topic. I didn't mean that just being Jewish will get him "in."</p>

<p>Why would someone who's Jewish want to go to BC?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why would someone who's Jewish want to go to BC?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>What does that even mean?! Haha.</p>

<p>^ BC is Roman Catholic by religious affiliation.</p>

<p>People who are Jewish and live in areas within decent sized Jewish communities do not aspire to go to schools like BC, Notre Dame, Holy Cross, etc.</p>

<p>Well, considering the OP is going to Catholic school, I wouldn't think he's "in touch" with his "Jewish side."</p>

<p>BC is pretty kick ass though... :)</p>

<p>The OP isn't Jewish.</p>

<p>
[quote]
should i even mention that im jewish,??? (my mom is jewish and my dad catholic) i go to church more than temple

[/quote]
</p>

<p>^OP wrote this. </p>

<p>My advice? Stop worrying about your religious affiliations and start working on those stats.</p>