You know you want to ;)

<p>Here is my short list of colleges:
U of Michigan
Duke Univ
UPenn
Princeton
Williams College</p>

<p>Objective:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I (breakdown): 730 CR 720 M 760 W (probably will not submit?)
[</em>] ACT: 35 E 34 M 36 R 32 S=34 (awaiting June test results, will update when I get them)
[<em>] SAT II: US History 800, Math lvl 2 800 (retaken from 720), Latin 800, Chemistry 800
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.99
[<em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 6/230 UW, 1/230 W
[</em>] AP (place score in parenthesis): US History (5). Predicted scores: Chemistry (4), Latin Vergil (5), Calc AB (5), MacroEcon (5).
[<em>] IB (place score in parenthesis): n/a
[</em>] Senior Year Course Load: Definitely taking AP Calc BC, AP Bio, Latin 4, World History...conflict with the rest of my classes.
[<em>] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): 215 PSAT in MI so NMSF/F. The AP award for taking 5 APs. Nation Latin Exam gold medal x2. Various science olympiad medals[/ul]
Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis):
Marching Band 9-12 (Section Leader 11,12)
Symphonic Band 9-12 (Section Leader/first chair 9-12)
Lake Michigan Youth Orchestra 8-12 (Principal Tuba 9-12)
Private Tuba Lessons 7-12
Solo & Ensemble Festival: First Division at District 8-11 so far, 1st at State 11
Selected to 2011 MI Youth Arts Festival
Academic Challenge/Quiz Bowl 9-12 (Captain 11,12) Placed top 3 in State 9-11 so far
Science Olympiad 10-12
Math Club 9-12
Latin Club 10-12 (Treasurer 11, President 12)
NHS 11-12
[<em>] Job/Work Experience: Worked bagging groceries for 20 hours per week for 10th and 11th grade summers
[</em>] Volunteer/Community service: Basically just required NHS stuff... weak point of my app
[<em>] Summer Activities: Job at grocery store for 2 years, Band Camp, Michigan Boys State 2011[/ul]
Other[list]
[</em>] Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
[<em>] Intended Major: Classics
[</em>] State (if domestic applicant): Michigan
[<em>] Country (if international applicant): USA
[</em>] School Type: Public
[<em>] Ethnicity: White
[</em>] Gender: Male
[<em>] Income Bracket: ? not sure. will need financial aid
[</em>] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): none :(</p>

<p>What are my chances? Feel free to suggest other places to look at. I'll chance you back! :)</p>

<p>UMich: in
Duke: reach
UPenn: reach
Princeton: reach</p>

<p>I say reach here for most because they are Ivies or highly selective. These require great numbers (which you do possess) but also stellar ECs. I'm not sure if your's will stand out from a crowded pool. However, you've done so much that it may help you in. A reach doesn't equate to a no.</p>

<p>Chance me back please.</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1167916-too-high-just-right-chance-me-please-will-chance-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1167916-too-high-just-right-chance-me-please-will-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>UMich you have a pretty good chance for. Duke is a reach, UPenn is an even higher reach, and Princeton is a very high reach. ECs aren't bad but they don't stand out at all. GPA and ACT are good.</p>

<p>Haha yes I agree. My ECs are not unique at all :p </p>

<p>I chanced you, gerian.</p>

<p>I am a little worried that you said I have a pretty good chance for UMich :o
...I need to work on my list more</p>

<p>Bump.</p>

<p>Just got my June ACT results back: 35 E 34 M 35 R 35 S=35 composite. Does this change anything? Thanks.</p>

<p>U of Michigan: match/safety
Duke Univ: match
UPenn: reach
Princeton: reach
Williams College: reach</p>

<p>Your standardized test scores and activities look good. I think you have a good chance of getting in to umich and Williams; the rest are kind of finicky </p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1169076-please-chance-me-ivy-league-stanford-duke.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1169076-please-chance-me-ivy-league-stanford-duke.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Duke, Princeton are very high reaches, especially if you apply RD. I would say Duke ED would be like 40-50% chance, while Princeton is about 15-20% chance (still double the average). University of Michigan in-state is rather easy to get in, so you might even get some merit aid. UPenn is a mid to high reach, about 25-30% chance of acceptance, while Williams is iffy; probably a mid reach.
Chance me?
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1168046-thread-has-interesting-title-ill-chance-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1168046-thread-has-interesting-title-ill-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Bumpin' this up just cuz. </p>

<p>I ended up with 35 ACT and all 5s on APs.</p>

<p>Applied to Duke, Penn, Princeton, Williams for RD. Accepted Michigan and deferred MIT during EA.</p>

<p>Thoughts/final chances?</p>

<p>You are DEFINITELY in UMich</p>

<p>Yup, I was accepted on 12/16 actually :D</p>

<p>This thread will not die.</p>

<p>One more bump.</p>

<p>Will chance back?</p>