Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.
SMBeymanSMBeyman Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
edited November 2010 in Temple University
I am a high school senior in a pretty good school in Connecticut

GPA – 3.00 out of a 4.0 scale (Unweighted)
7 Honors classes taken throughout high school, 3 APs (all senior year)
High School Honors every year

CR: 670
M: 690
W: 690
Composite (2400) – 2050 (1600) – 1360

English – 35
Mathematics – 30
Reading – 32
Science – 28
Combined English/Writing 28 Essay – 11
Composite – 31

Varsity Baseball
Reffing Job
Summer Camp Counselor
Little League Umpire
Synagogue Sunday School Teacher’s Assistant

Community Service

A.C.H.I.E.V.E. After School Tutor at underprivileged elementary school since 8th grade
(Received Voluntary Action Center of Mid-Fairfield Volunteer of the Year Award)
St. Baldricks Shavee and raised money for child’s cancer awareness

The people who read my essay said it was good and I hopefully have good recommendations.
Post edited by SMBeyman on

Replies to: Chances?

• sophistrysophistry Registered User Posts: 913 Junior Member
    Did you apply yet? I'd say you have a pretty good chance. My stats were lower than yours and I was accepted earlier this week.
    But take what I say with a grain of salt, chance threads mean nothing. ;)
  • SMBeymanSMBeyman Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Ya I applied last weekend. Is it rolling admissions? How long did you have to wait for a reply?
  • sophistrysophistry Registered User Posts: 913 Junior Member
    Oh, good, you already applied. Yeah, it's rolling admissions. On the 10th I received an email from them saying I should get a response in 4 - 6 weeks, but then I got accepted on the 15th. :p Did you get an email from them?
  • psufan1993psufan1993 Registered User Posts: 195 Junior Member
    i got the same 4-6 email on the 11th and I found out the next morning =p. I think you have a good chance, test scores are well above average
  • WilkeyWilkey Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    I never even got an email, I just kept checking the status and I eventually saw it said University Accepted. And I had the same GPA as you, a tougher rigor, and a SAT 200 points lower and I got a scholarship. I think youll be fine
  • SMBeymanSMBeyman Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I just sent in my application and scores but I don't think my school has sent in my transcript, secondary school reports, or recommendations yet. Will I get the email once all of these things are in?
  • interludesinterludes Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    You might not even get the email. I never got one but I kept checking my online application status frequently, so I would do that if I were you once they get your transcripts and stuff, just in case. I would think you're definitely getting in though. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.