Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Temple dorms.

LexehLexeh Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited March 2011 in Temple University
Hey everyone.

So I got accepted to Temple! Now I have to pick a dorm, and I don't know what to do :p It's probably weird, but the only thing I'm looking for is a bathroom for just me and my roommate, and being close to a train that will get me close to Drexel. Based on that, and the fact that I'm an incoming freshman, which should I choose?

Thaaaanks!
Post edited by Lexeh on

Replies to: Temple dorms.

• tmi181tmi181 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    OMG, pick 1300 or 1940 those are THE BEST DORMS!! They're both new so they have air conditioning. 1300 has a gym, restaurant, & food store!!

I HIGHLY recommend going to this website:
    Residence Hall Information - University Housing & Residential Life

It has information on EVERY DORM & 360 angled pictures of every type of dorm room in every type of dorm.

However, I hear that 1300 & 1940 are practically full, I would look everything over & still apply for every Freshman dorm because you never know what will happen (:
  • PlumeriaPlumeria Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I heard from my friend that 1940 is full and you shouldn't bother with 1300 unless you're in the honors program because you'll probably get kicked out and need to find a different dorm anyway. Just a warning, and I'm not 100% sure on that but yeah. 1300 are the honors dorms.
  • LexehLexeh Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, I looked formopenings and neither of them are available. :( What's the ext best after that? I know Peabody is apparently awful, but it's the closest to the trains, so idk what to do.
  • sophistrysophistry Registered User Posts: 913 Junior Member
    Is there a lot of room left in J&H?
  • jerseygirl5jerseygirl5 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    @plumeria - they can kick you out of the dorm you pick? I thought one you picked it was guaranteed.
  • interludesinterludes Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Housing on the second floor of 1300 (and wherever else the other LLCs are housed) is already set aside for the honors LLC, and nobody is allowed to book rooms in that designated area. Nobody will be kicked out once they've chosen a room.
This discussion has been closed.