Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do you think I'll get in?

lena96lena96 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I applied to Temple last week and I was wondering about my chances. I chose neuroscience as a major.

GPA: 3.97

ACT: 21 (I know it's low. I didn't pace myself and wound up not answering over 10 questions in each section)

Current year courses: AP language and composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology, AP Microeconomics, AP Calculus AB, and Health Science.

Extracurricular Activities: school paper editor (grade 10), violin player (9 years), Key club (grade 12), Future Physicians Club (grade 12), crisis hotline volunteer (grade 12), and discussion/debate group (grades 11-12)

Also in January I will be doing a dual enrollment with a community college. I've been told my essays are great, and I also have great recommendations. I'm just really worried because my ACT is low.

Replies to: Do you think I'll get in?

• ctl987ctl987 Registered User Posts: 1,466 Senior Member
    is your GPA weighted or unweighted? what is GPA scale at your school and what is your approx class rank?
  • lena96lena96 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    its unweighted on a 4.0 scale and my school doesn't rank.
  • jamesjunkersjamesjunkers Registered User Posts: 1,706 Senior Member
    If your GPA is so high, and your scores so low, why not use the temple option?
  • lena96lena96 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I went to private school for grades 9 and 10 and for part of grade 11. For the rest of grade 11 until this October I was homeschooled. I'm back in a traditional school now, but because I was homeschooled for some of my senior year I'm not elligible for the temple option. Do you think my high GPA will help me out some? When I went to a traditional school in grades 9 and 10 I had all honors courses. I'm really hoping my GPA, challenging course load, and essays will make up for my horrible test score.
  • ctl987ctl987 Registered User Posts: 1,466 Senior Member
    is your gpa for your non homeschooled time? Were you do anything particularly challenging while homeschooled that you could use as a selling point? eg college level work and you can prove you were working at that level and that is jut an example. if i am following you right, you were homeschooled for less than a year and in more traditional school settings during 3+ years and while in the more traditional settings, you have a 3.97 GPA and this includes honors classes. if what i have said is correct, i think your chances to get are good despite the low test scores.
This discussion has been closed.