Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Presidential Scholarships--Taking SAT a fourth time

kat415kat415 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
Hi,

Recently I have decided that Temple is my first choice school as a nursing major due to cost related circumstances. My only issue is my SAT score. I expected to raise my CR+M score to a 1420 superscore with the June SAT, but this did not happen, and I do not feel as if it accurately represented my abilities for my 3rd SAT. I am a rising senior, and my question is: Will it look bad if i take the SAT for a fourth time in October and send this score to only temple, hoping to raise my CR+M superscore to the neccessary 1420 to obtain the presidential scholarship OR is it worth it to meet the scholarship criteria? I already have the 3.8 GPA.

These are my scores so far:
January:
CR: 670
M: 590
W: 720
COMPOSITE: 1980 CR+M: 1260

March:
CR: 740
M: 650
W: 710
COMPOSITE: 2100 CR+M: 1390

June:
CR: 630
M: 630
W: 680
COMPOSITE: 1940 CR+M: 1260

SUPERSCORE:
CR: 740
M: 650 (I think I can raise this)
W: 720
COMPOSITE: 2110 CR+M: 1390

Thank you!!

Replies to: Presidential Scholarships--Taking SAT a fourth time

• ctl987ctl987 Registered User Posts: 1,466 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    it is worth it to take a 4th time,. i don;t think Temple cares or holds it against you if you take it a 4th time, work on pulling math score up as high as you can since you are nursing major, i have heard teh nursing major is hard to get into, even wiht good stats. i think your cr is fine and would not prep for it at all on next SAT, assuming Temple superscores. i think they do but check scholarship page to make sure. to clarify, don't prep for cr at all on next SAT, prep like crazy for teh math portion.
This discussion has been closed.