Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Temple Admissions Class of 2022

Replies to: Temple Admissions Class of 2022

• doyouressaysdoyouressays Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @kelly322 - he applied to the sport management program. His gpa was not too good- low 3.0, but SAT 1520 and ACT 35 (not superscored). I think his essay was good. We are OOS and showed demonstrated interest. He loves the school and loves Philly so he is really excited and grateful for the opportunity.
  • SportsMomNJSportsMomNJ Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    @doyouressays can I ask what date he applied? We are going this Saturday for the fall orientation, would love to know by Saturday, but think its too soon? (same major)
  • PAparent83PAparent83 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Thank you for the info. Son also applied sport management but have yet to hear. Common app submitted October 9 but GC didn't submit transcript and recs until late October. 1470 and 3.7, lots of ECs and three
    generations of TU legacy. National Merit.
  • cagphdcagphd Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Daughter applied Aug 1 ... still nothing. ......
  • savedrama4mommasavedrama4momma Registered User Posts: 159 Junior Member
    edited November 2017
    I am curious- if you apply for an audition based major do you find out if you are academically accepted to the university when other majors find out- before auditions - or if we have to wait until March when artistic decisions are made to find out if we academically were accepted? Anyone know about the performing arts schools at Temple?
  • doyouressaysdoyouressays Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @SportsMomNJ - Son applied EA and his application was marked complete in mid-October. Not sure if your kids applied EA as well. He received the email yesterday stating that he will be receiving a packet in mail with additional information. I think they will start to really move on the applications and you should be seeing responses pretty soon!
  • yellowlover2yellowlover2 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Accepted!!
    Applied EA on 10/17
    ACT: 32
    wGPA: 4.5
  • itwasaweddingitwasawedding Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Accepted to Fox School of Business!!
    SAT: 1360(New)
    GPA: 3.7 UW
    Applied EA mid of August
  • SportsMomNJSportsMomNJ Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    congrats!!!!!!
  • amom2girlsamom2girls Registered User Posts: 404 Member
    @savedrama4momma good question. My daughter is also applying to an audition based BFA. She can't audition until January. I was hoping to receive acceptance to the school before then. Keep us posted and congratulations to everyone receiving their acceptances.
  • carmen00carmen00 Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    edited November 2017
    Accepted today! Applied EA on 9/25 to Klein. Had a 33 ACT and a 4.53 W GPA (around 3.94 UW)
  • carmen00carmen00 Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    Hm... my friend who applied earlier than I did hasn't gotten a decision yet. My thinking is that it's because I applied to Klein while he applied to science and tech, but I'm not completely sure.
  • nardo71nardo71 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2017
    Applied to Fox mid-October and still haven't gotten a decision, so I'm almost positive that they're accepting applicants with high gpa/sat first (honors bound students). And I'm curious if anyone knows if Temple rejects students through the portal?
  • acceptmeplz123acceptmeplz123 Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    edited November 2017
    @doyouressays Did your son apply as Early Action or Rolling?
  • katiestutzman6katiestutzman6 Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    @nardo71 I'm not sure though.. I applied September 4th and have stats well above acceptance rate. Still though I haven't heard back. Seems pretty random to me