Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
nymlb17nymlb17 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hi, I’m planning on applying to Temple University. I’m currently a rising senior in high school and I was wondering what my chances of admission would be.

My GPA right now is a 2.7. I know my GPA is low however I attend an extremely competitive high school in New York City and have had a significant upwards trend.

I’ve taken the SAT once and got a 1320 (700 reading, 620 math). I plan on taking it again and can probably do better.
ECs aren’t anything special. Film club/sports analytics.
Strong recs and essay.

Thanks!

Replies to: Chances?

• coolguy40coolguy40 Registered User Posts: 1,734 Senior Member
    Prepscholar has your chance coming in at 19%. You're probably going to need community college. That should increase your options once you build a good track record.
  • Bigbrotherbro84Bigbrotherbro84 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    It won’t hurt to apply. If you’re coming from a competitive school chances are they’re using a competitive gpa scale. I have a 3.1 at my school but if my school used the standard grading scale that all the high schools in my area use I’d have a 3.5. Your SAT can also help make up for your GPA. Maybe have Temple as your reach?