Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questions About Middle Grades Education Major

FWMSBZFWMSBZ Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hi! I am enrolled as an incoming freshman at Temple University. My current major is English Secondary Education and I am planning on receiving my ESL certificate when the time comes. However, I would like to change from SecEd to Middle Grades and I had a question that has not seemed to be answered online. When I emailed Temple about a month ago, they told me they'd forward my email to someone who could better answer my question which I have yet to receive a response. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to pursue a Middle Grades major with a dual focus in Language Arts and Foreign Language (specifically Spanish which I have high school experience with and have taken the placement test already). If it is possible, how should I say the exact wording on the "change major form" so they understand my specifications?
Thank you!

ps. I edited my post twice and got flagged so I posted again, sorry!

Replies to: Questions About Middle Grades Education Major