Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Temple Questions

Potassium88Potassium88 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Hi everyone. I'm a rising senior and I'm thinking about going to Temple, and I have a few questions.

Well, I have a 3.5 and a 23 on my ACT. A couple ECs, nothing great. I was thinking of having Temple as a safety, but I'm out of state (from West Virginia), so I don't know exactly how I would classify it.

Anyway, I really want to go to Temple. I'm extremely interested in the journalism program. At present time, I have a few other schools that I would prefer over Temple. But it's my third choice, and it may end up being where I go. I kinda hope. I do have a few questions though.

1. Do I stand a good chance at gaining admission? Hopefully I can raise my ACT score up a few points and I can get some more ECs in. I've taken the hardest courses I could, my school only offers one AP though lol and I'm taking it this year. My essay should be good, I will have recommendations. I'm the first in my family to go to college.

2. What is the campus really like? I know "dangerous" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. So, aside from that, what is the campus like? I come from a small town of about 900 and I'm used to being in a city of 50,000. Needless to say, nothing compared to Philly. lol My dad is worried if I go here because his little girl would be alone in the big city.

3. How the financial aid? I'm poor (under the poverty line), from a single parent home, my dad doesn't have a job, he gets disability, I'm the first in my family to go to college. I'm sure that's nothing new to Temple though. But I would rely primarily on what they give me and loans.

4. If go there, do you like it?

Thank you all so much for reading this.
This discussion has been closed.