right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Texas premed school 4 year programs

Grapa8754Grapa8754 22 replies13 threads New Member
edited December 2011 in Texas Colleges
I am looking for a premed 4 year program that gets you automatic eligibility into medical school if you pass all 4 years of college and you don't have to take the 5hr test
is there any Texas colleges that offer this??
edited December 2011
4 replies
Post edited by Grapa8754 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Texas premed school 4 year programs

• Dorian_ModeDorian_Mode 1431 replies13 threads Senior Member
    Well, there's Rice/Baylor, which gives you automatic admission into Baylor College of Medicine, but it's extremely competitive (I think they admit about 14 people a year). I think if you really want to go to med school you're probably going to have to take the MCAT, and if that's too high of a barrier for you, you might want to consider a different field.
    · Reply · Share
  • IndirangerIndiranger 6 replies2 threads New Member
    Texas Tech also has a program just like that, and I believe UTSA Health Science Center has one also. It's called like FASTS program or something like that.
    · Reply · Share
  • Ya YaYa Ya 1139 replies19 threads Senior Member
  • texaspgtexaspg Forum Champion Pre-Med & Medical 16721 replies343 threads Forum Champion
    Texas Tech program allows you to apply after you get there after one year or something like that. If you get selected but take the MCAT, they drop you from the program and ask you to compete with the regular pool.

JAMP Frequently Asked Questions

JAMP is for low income families. There is another program that is for rural families and you qualify based on where you live. I know someone at A&M that got qualified this way without the income limitation.

There are also 4 or 5 seats for Baylor/Baylor program.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity